Are you ready to be part of the Cloud Movement and join a team of the world’s best Microsoft Dynamics 365 troubleshooters to enable the success of the Microsoft’s ERPs on the Cloud?
You will have a chance to solve technically complex problems in a fast-paced, high-growth product area. As a trusted advisor to our customers and partners, you will have influence over the implementation and administration of multi-million dollar configurations. Expect to work closely with other Support Engineers to integrate cross-product solutions. Your technical and relationship skills are critical to the success of the Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations solution and the customer’s perception of value.
As a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations Support Engineer (SE), you are a technical leader and will be driving the discovery of potentially unique solutions for each customer situation as part of a team. We’ll provide you with abundant resources, including training, advanced diagnostic tools, the Microsoft Dynamics 365 product group, and the experience of tenured engineers around you. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate and help your colleagues by sharing the results of your investigation. In this professional role, your contribution and overall impact is self-directed and the opportunities are plentiful.
Troubleshooting at this level is not scripted. You will be responsible to resolve potentially unique solution for each of your customer’s situations. During the troubleshooting, you may uncover software defects and have opportunities to improve the customer experience as well as to influence the current and future design of Microsoft Dynamics 365 by working directly with the product team. Our continuous learning environment expects that you will develop ever increasing depth skills as a subject matter expert. You will become the world’s best in your area of expertise.
This position will require you to work a rotational On-Call schedule over weekends. You may have the opportunity for some occasional domestic and or international travel.
- Be part of a team and develop your skills as you solve complex technical issues in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
- Manage relationships with your customers and provide technical documentation for the troubleshooting steps.
- Report software bugs and be an advocate for product improvement using customer suggestions.
- Develop specialized expertise by supporting Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
- Document your knowledge and share it with others.
- Use tools for debugging and root cause analysis.
- Provide in-depth technical support for customer service delivery via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic serviceregarding technically complex, escalated problems.
- Engage and collaborate with other Microsoft groups, including escalation teams and the development team, in gaining resolution to critical, complex issues.
- Provide exceptional customer service in politically charged environments.
- Represent Microsoft professionally in customer and partner onsite visits, where travel may be required.
- Create advanced online technical content including Knowledge Base articles, training documents, blogs, etc.
- Participate in planned team-wide shift rotations to cover business needs, including 24x7 “On-Call” responsibilities and extended (evening shift).
- Present technical content to various audiences including customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- At least one year of experience in customer service, customer support or product support required.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Experience desired in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Strong customer service and accurate and logical problem solving,
- A working knowledge of Dynamics AX or other Dynamics ERP products such as Dynamics GP or Dynamics NAV is a plus.
- Exposure and experience working with customers on the Cloud, e.g. Microsoft Cloud products such as Azure, Office 365, or Microsoft CRM Online
- Strong knowledge of operating systems including (Windows 2016, 2012 and 2008 Server, Windows 10, 7 and Vista).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL and Active Directory.
- Strong debugging skills desired but not required, e.g. ability to read and analyze network traces, fiddler, SQL trace, etc.
- A working experience of Visual Studio, SharePoint and Exchange
- Experience in creating technical documentation and sharing knowledge with others through training delivery and mentoring.
- Programming skills are useful but not required, preferably in C.
- Interpersonal and relationship skills proven through work experience.
- Passion for lifelong learning and personal and professional development.
- Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering (preferred)
- Excellent Communication Skills - verbal, listening, and written (including technical writing).
- English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking. If English is not native language, proficiency test results is a plus, (e.g. TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge English Exams)
Cloud background check JD verbiage: Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Offer Contingent on Immigration Status and Check of Background and Professional References.
This offer is contingent on your ability to meet customer security screening requirements as indicated for this role. Customer requirements may include additional personnel screening such as, but not limited to: specialized agency background checks (either national or local) and fingerprinting. All employees hired into roles supporting Microsoft Cloud Offerings will also be required to pass Microsoft background checks prior to the start of employment and every two years thereafter. Further details regarding this process will be provided in follow up correspondence.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.