No two days are the same in Customer Service and Support at Microsoft. We engage in challenging and complex problem solving. We constantly pick each other’s brains and our minds are always abuzz with ideas for helping our customers throughout the world to realize their full potential. Our team is open and welcoming, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
We are looking for talented people with a growth mindset, a passion for solving complex issues and obsession for customer happiness. If you love technology and believe that your abilities can be developed through effort and persistence, and it makes your day when a customer or peer thank you for your help, this may be the career opportunity for you.
About the Role:
You will be accountable for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our Enterprise customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage your investigation over the phone and Web. When needed, you will transfer your cases to your colleagues, involve subject matter experts, or escalate to Engineering (Product Groups) and Management. Your day-to-day job will be about both providing technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues), and being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
How your day looks like as a Support Engineer - main responsibilities:
- Be available to take ownership of new cases and escalations.
- Provide support to Enterprise customers, partners, and other engineers.
- Scope customer’s issues and support boundaries by collecting the relevant facts.
- Investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world, handing the case over to them if necessary.
- Escalate to management as necessary, acting internally as a customer advocate, and keeping the customers informed.
- Collaborate with management and engineering in order to resolve service issues and in order to produce bug fixes, patches, test cases as appropriate.
- Ensure that each support request owned by you is handled as per our Service Level Agreement (SLA) and to the highest possible customer satisfaction by setting the right expectations and fulfilling your commitments.
- Document your technical work and research in a detailed and comprehensive manner.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying and correcting customer satisfaction concerns before they become problems.
What are we looking for?
- Growth mindset – genuine desire and motivation to learn and develop yourself. You embrace challenges, and persist in the face of setbacks.
- You consider failure an opportunity to learn, so whatever it happens you win.
- You are passionate about “studying” and you are always actively seeking knowledge and more expertise.
- Passion to serve customers, in fact, you are obsessed with them – you have a genuine desire to help even under the most challenging circumstances.
- You can handle high pressure situations well – you maintain calm and composure on really stressful situations.
- Finally you possess strong communication skills, the ability to work in a team, excellent problem-solving skills and capability to deal with changes in a really fast paced environment. Ability and willingness to quickly ramp up on multiple technology areas as needed
- At least one year experience in product support, technical support, IT Admin support, Consulting, systems development, product development, customer support.
- Experience with any of these technologies is a plus, and there will be opportunity to learn and grow in these areas as well:
- Knowledge of IIS configuration and how HTTP requests are handled by IIS.Knowledge and experience with .Net Framework, ASP.NET, VB.NET and Webservers – IIS, HTML and CSS.
- Understanding of how HTTP requests are handled end-to-end including HTTP headers, cookies, etc.
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio and the Azure SDK.
- The ability to troubleshoot complex web application issues in an often ambiguous environment.
- Familiar with code deployment models such as MSDeploy, Git, Github We love to get to know candidates with strong technical background, please do not shy away if you do not meet all the “Technical” requirements.
Location: Las Colinas - USA Primary shifts – Your shift can vary according to business needs. Examples - Monday to Friday, from 10 AM to 07 PM, or 09 AM to 06 PM; it may also include weekends.
This position may require you to work a rotational on-call schedule and may include some domestic and international travel opportunities.
Benefits of working at Microsoft:
- Microsoft values different life experiences and viewpoints.
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks and approach challenges unconventionally.
- We will invest in your health and financial future, and encourage you to pursue your interests and passions away from the office. Our products and technologies help you balance life away from the office and enable you to manage your schedule efficiently.
- We take your career seriously at Microsoft and will ensure that we provide regular reviews throughout the year to offer continuous feedback and support to inspire you, develop your skills and ensure your personal satisfaction and growth.
- The Microsoft performance philosophy recognizes higher performance with bigger rewards through a formal annual performance review.
For this position, you will be required to pass Microsoft background check prior to the start of employment and periodically thereafter.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com