Microsoft India Global Technical Support Centre (GTSC) Microsoft GTSC was established in October of 2003 in India, it is part of Microsoft’s Customer Service and Support (CSS) organization which has locations throughout the Americas, EMEA, Asia Pacific and Greater China. Microsoft’s CSS organization supports over 170 Microsoft products which range from the Consumer to Enterprise customer segments.
This includes the MSN and Home and Entertainment products as well as the more deeply technical products from Developer Support and Enterprise Platform Support to Enterprise Messaging Support and Enterprise Business Applications Support.
The site in Bangalore is a part of a global network that has over 50 million customer touch points on an annual basis and provides services to the Consumer and Enterprise customer segments.
For more details regarding India GTSC, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/india/gtsc
A Support Professional is responsible for providing quality support for Microsoft Windows Server with a high degree of customer satisfaction, provide responsive and reliable technical solutions and information to Microsoft customers.
- Represent Microsoft and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service in regard to finding solutions for technically complex problems identified in Microsoft products.
- Solve highly complex level of problems, involving broad, in-depth product knowledge or in-depth product specialty that may include support of additional product line.
- Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will be politically charged situations requiring the highest level of customer skill.
- Responsible for efficiently managing the relationship with these customers and thoroughly documenting their cases.
- Collaborate on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups as needed to resolve customer issues.
- Collaborate with Tech Leads and escalation resources when appropriate.
- Participate in case triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop efficient customer solutions.
- Consistently share best practices with team members.
- Act as technical resource for broad and complex issues, and may typically be assigned to moderately strategic accounts.
- Write ethnical articles and sample programs for knowledge base.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of pre-release products and take ownership for product improvement in key product areas.
- The engineers identify and solve critical issues in an Enterprise deployment of Azure.
- They also identify the root cause and provide our customers with the solution in a timely manner for mission critical issues of Azure Active Directory \ ADFS \ O365.
- In addition to fixing the issue, also measures to be taken to prevent it from occurring in the future.
- Strong Experience in Active Directory Services (including ADS, Group Policies, FSMO Roles, DNS Zones, Replications etc.)
- Azure / Azure Active Directory hands on and troubleshooting experience.
- Azure 533 certification preferred.
- Knowledge of PKI and Authentication protocols.
- Experience and understanding of ADFS.
- Comfortable with PowerShell scripting and commands.
- 3+ years of experience in administering Microsoft® Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 Servers.
- Exposure to cloud technologies like Azure (Identity management) and ADFS.
- Good English Communication Skills - Spoken and Written (including technical writing)
- Strong Trouble Shooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer Service skills and effective learning skills Critical Exposure areas & Technical Specifications:
- Trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Good Active Directory foundation and fundamentals.
- Troubleshooting complex scenarios within Active Directory \ Windows Networking, Replication, DFSR, Group Policy management and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) \ Certificate Services.
- Additional Technology Certifications – Cisco, Unix, Security etc. (Good-to-have)
Reporting to: Team Manager
The position requires working in EVENING / NIGHT SHIFTS and provides VOICE-BASED SUPPORT
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.