Microsoft has been on the front lines of technology innovation for decades. We continue to challenge the status quo by introducing Workplace Analytics () and reimagining how organizations should consider their most valuable resource: time.
Workplace Analytics is a revolutionary way to answer age-old questions of C-Suite executives: How do my various departments and teams spend their time, both internally and externally? What work is worth doing and where does waste exist? How can we drive a culture of both productivity and engagement?
To answer these questions, Workplace Analytics leverages O365 metadata and combines machine learning with behavioral data science to provide visibility into an unlimited set of collaboration metrics. These metrics help pinpoint the specific collaboration behaviors that drive successful sales results, high employee engagement scores or any other desired business outcomes.
As the solution has become widely available and demand grows, so does our specialized Workplace Analytics team within Microsoft. In support of this growth, we are looking for ambitious, talented, laser-focused people to join us as we directly impact the future of work.
Read more about Workplace Analytics here: https://products.office.com/en-us/business/workplace-analytics
Our mission is to show the world how behavioral data can solve complex organizational problems, and then use lessons learned from those customer interactions to further develop the Workplace Analytics solution. Think of our function as a blend of data analysis, strategy consulting and product incubation. Our team is aggressively moving the solution into the marketplace and will carry our momentum to win more Fortune 500 companies in the coming year.
We are a group of fast thinkers who work collaboratively with a high degree of respect for each other. We are proactive problem-solvers, obsessed with the content of Workplace Analytics, and care deeply for the success of our customers. We are structured thinkers who value quality and appreciate creativity grounded with common sense. We work hard and we like to have fun as well.
You will play an essential part in the Workplace Analytics delivery process by guiding our customers throughout their journey with . This includes building and maintaining executive relationships at our customers, strategically aligning business needs and objectives of the customer to the capabilities and value of the leading the customer through product on-boarding and training to accelerate their ability to get value from Workplace Analytics.
We are looking for highly analytical people with senior customer-facing experience and analytical skills who are passionate about customer success and who have a proven track-record for influencing people to adopt data-driven decision making. Does this sound like you?
Drive successful adoption and usage of the tool by enabling customers through an on-boarding, learning and adoption journey. Specifically:
- Own a small portfolio of strategic client accounts and manage consulting work of analysts aligned with those accounts
- Translate customer challenges into innovative, data-driven consulting programs
- Analyze data and turn findings into compelling stories that your clients incorporate into critical business decisions
- Participate in pre-sales motions by leading workshops and conversations to drive engagement with potential customers
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to link learnings to product development
- Identify opportunities to create compelling use cases / playbooks to provide for future customers
- 7+ of relevant experience with demonstrated success and growth
- 10+ in business strategy or consulting roles if you don’t have experience at top-tier management consulting firm
- Preferred: MBA
- Nice to have: Experience in Workforce, Talent or Change Management
- Analytical Rigor:
- Comfortable working hands-on with data
- Familiarity with data analysis and statistical methods
- Nice to Have: Expertise in data visualization concepts
- Preferred: Engineering, Statistics, Business, Economics or other mathematical degree
- Business Acumen:
- Ability to synthesize insights into compelling stories and deliverables that resonate at the C-suite level
- Ability to understand and connect data / analyses with the strategic goals and direction of an organization
- Ability to understand and work with complex business problems and core business strategies
- Experience managing people and project teams
- Preferred: Work experience across several different industries and functional areas
- Customer Facing Ability:
- Significant experience interfacing with client executives (C-suite, etc.)
- Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with senior customers to achieve mutually desired business outcomes
- Executive level meeting presence and communication skills
- High emotional IQ, and “reading the room” ability
- Nice to have: business development or sales experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, and be self-sufficient in managing tasks
- Attention to detail, highly organized, with an absolute focus on quality of work
- Team player, adaptive, self-driven, can work with ambiguity, strong leader and influencer
- Available to travel 20%-40% of the time
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.