Working at Microsoft:
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. At Microsoft, we also work to empower our employees, so they can achieve more. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world. Want to know more https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
A Support Engineer at Microsoft is an exciting & challenging role in the resolution with highly complex, technical, and escalated support incidents related to supporting customer via phone, web, email, chat and other support channels covering various development and deployments.
The successful candidate has the drive and intellectual horsepower to resolve the most difficult technical customer issues, often through collaboration with other technical specializations; will be a technical resource for the team regarding case reviews, troubleshooting and effective customer interaction and will interface with various levels of management within customers, Partners, and Microsoft.
We are looking for talents that:
- Possess deep technical expertise and can solve complex technical problems through sound, creative troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, strong communication skills and ability to develop strategic on-going customer relationships.
- Enjoy team work, and actively contribute to their peer group as well as our customer account teams.
- Are available to work critical cases as needed on a 24x7 basis or through an on-call model.
- Can work weekend coverage as needed.
- Does not mind the occasional domestic and international travel.
Experience and Skills required:
- Scripting skills in PowerShell
- A working knowledge of the fundamentals of cloud computing.
- Good knowledge of Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration
- Good knowledge of Hyper-V configuration and administration
- Some experience with LDAP, Security, OS Internals concepts
- Some experience with networking concepts such as VIPs, Load Balancing, DNS, VPN
- Any experience with Microsoft Azure would be valuable
- Any experience with Open Source platforms and technologies would be useful
- Full Professional Proficiency of English language both verbal & written
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
We welcome applications from all potential & passionate professionals who really want to pursue their technical career with customer interaction in the world of Support Engineering.
Please hear from our Microsofties
Hi, I’m Bruno – father of one, I really love photography, travel and the ocean. If I’m not working you will probably find me in some beach doing surf photography. I have a computer science degree. I am currently a Microsoft Escalation Engineer. I joined Microsoft 10 years ago, and I honestly don´t remember a day where I would wake up and think “here comes another working day”. I´ve had several roles, worked with diverse teams from all over the world that allowed me to grow both as a person and as a professional. Having the ability to learn from the best, share your knowledge with the best it’s something that really motivates you to this continued search for knowledge and improvement’s. In the end of the day you control your career and your aspirations and that is something I haven´t seen anywhere else.
Hey, my name is Joana and I was born in 1990 in Lisbon. I love dancing, reading, watching movies and learning about new topics. My background is in Biomedical Engineering. January 2014, I started working in the IT area and since October 2015, I'm working as a Microsoft Support Engineer. At Microsoft, I enjoy the opportunity of working with excellent teams which allow me to learn and grow as a professional every single day!
... we would love to hear from you
Microsoft values different life experiences and viewpoints. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks and approach challenges unconventionally. We will invest in your health and financial future and encourage you to pursue your interests and passions away from the office. Our products and technologies help you balance life away from the office and enable you to manage your schedule efficiently.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.