ERP Dynamics Support Engineer – Retail Application
Are you ready to be part of the Cloud Movement and join a team of the world’s best Microsoft Dynamics 365 trouble-shooters to enable the success of the Microsoft’s ERPs on the Cloud?
You will have a chance to solve technically complex problems in a fast-paced, high-growth product area. As a trusted advisor to our customers and partners, you will have influence over the implementation and administration of multi-million-dollar configurations. Expect to work closely with other Support Engineers to integrate cross-product solutions. Your technical and relationship skills are critical to the success of the Dynamics 365 for Operations solution and the customer’s perception of value. As a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Support Engineer (SE), you are a technical leader and will be driving the discovery of potentially unique solutions for each customer situation as part of a team. We’ll provide you with abundant resources, including training, advanced diagnostic tools, the Microsoft Dynamics 365 product group, and the experience of tenured engineers around you. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate and help your colleagues by sharing the results of your investigation. In this professional role, your contribution and overall impact is self-directed, and the opportunities are plentiful. Troubleshooting at this level is not scripted. You will be responsible to resolve potentially unique solution for each of your customer’s situations. During the troubleshooting, you may uncover software defects and have opportunities to improve the customer experience as well as to influence the current and future design of Microsoft Dynamics 365 by working directly with the product team. Our continuous learning environment expects that you will develop ever increasing depth skills as a subject matter expert. You will become the world’s best in your area of expertise. This position will require you to work a rotational On-Call schedule. You may have the opportunity for some occasional domestic and or international travel.
- Be part of a team and develop your skills as you solve complex technical issues in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations.
- Deliver digital support experiences that create efficiency and value for our customers, our people and Microsoft.
- Demonstrate customer obsession and commitment to customer success in all interactions. Deeply understand our customers and deliver customer desired outcomes.
- Be a MSFT ambassador and lead by example. Create clarity by understanding and reinforcing business goals. Generate energy by building enthusiasm, pride, resiliency and enabling a productive and inclusive work environment. Deliver success by being curious and seeking solutions to tough problems.
- Manage relationships with your customers and provide technical documentation for the troubleshooting steps.
- Report software bugs and be an advocate for product improvement using customer suggestions.
- Develop specialized expertise by supporting Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations.
- Document your knowledge and share it with others.
- Use tools for debugging and root cause analysis.
- Provide in-depth technical support for customer service delivery via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service regarding technically complex, escalated problems.
- Engage and collaborate with other Microsoft groups, including escalation teams and the development team, in gaining resolution to critical, complex issues.
- Represent Microsoft professionally in customer and partner onsite visits, where travel may be required.
- Create advanced online technical content including Knowledge Base articles, training documents, blogs, etc.
- Present technical content to various audiences including customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Strong customer service, accurate and logical problem solving,
- A working knowledge of Dynamics AX with an understanding of RETAIL industry and/or Dynamics AX for RETAIL is a plus.
- Exposure and experience working with customers on the Cloud, e.g. Microsoft Cloud products such as Azure, Office 365, or Microsoft CRM Online
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems with focus on Windows User-Mode Debugging
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL including SSRS, SSAS and Active Directory
• A solid understanding of IIS, troubleshooting website issues/HTTP responses
- Experience in creating technical documentation and sharing knowledge with others through training delivery and mentoring.
• Excellent Communication Skills - verbal, listening, and written (including technical writing).
- Interpersonal and relationship skills proven through work experience
• Passion for lifelong learning and personal and professional development.
• Current Microsoft IT Certification preferred (Ex. MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, MCTS)
Nice to have: Network debugging (Fiddler, Network Monitor / Wireshark / Message Analyzer)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.