Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to work on cutting edge cloud technologies in a platform team? Do you want to be part of the team that builds mission critical systems and services over which transactions worth billions of dollars run? Do you have the programming skills, attention to details and quality, passion for building cloud systems and services that delights our customers? Do you want to be part of a diverse, fast paced and highly technical team that executes with a Start-Up spirit and takes pride in delivering value to our business customers with on time with quality in an agile cadence? Do you want to work in a team that delivers true and measurable value using cutting edge cloud technology – AI/ML to Big Data to other technologies/paradigms that the broader world is yet to see?
If your answer is “YES” to all of them, congratulations! You are a prospective candidate for the Royalties team in the Corporate Functions Engineering organization in Microsoft.
Microsoft sells content in products that are created by third parties. In exchange, we pay these third parties royalties (Outbound Royalties) or revenue share, in the order of few billions, based on contract terms. The charter of the Royalties Content Operations (RCO) group is to be the Center of Excellence for Operationalizing and Accounting Complex Contracts with Game Publishers, Content Providers, Search Partners, IP Vendors, Online Marketplace Sellers and make compliant, accurate, timely payouts.
The Royalties team is responsible for building the platform and services that helps the RCO group deliver on its charter. The team had its roots in the On-Prem world and recently team has successfully migrated our system to the cloud. With the scale of our business growing, the team has moved on to optimizing our cloud systems over the cloud as we deliver new value (scenarios, features, functionality) to our partners. In the coming period, the team is taking the system to the next tier of cutting edge technologies – integrating with Big Data, bringing in Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning and few other technologies that we can have you work on first before the world gets to see. All of the cool work in the cloud mentioned above happens as we have our foot surely landed on the engineering basics - building new capabilities that supports the functional, performance, scale, security, compliance and reliability needs of our business.
We are looking for excellent software engineers that will be part of this great team and contribute to the Royalties platform’s evolution in a data-driven and fast paced environment - where engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from concept to scale.
As a engineer, you will be responsible for designing, coding and testing features that will add measurable value to our business partners and stakeholders. You will be responsible for making sure that our software and services are built to scale meeting rigorous security and compliancy requirements and operate in highest level of service maturity. You will be innovating on the latest technologies (AI/ML, Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, Social, Security Software and services and more) while engineering in an environment characterize by: TDD, Continuous Integration & Deployment, Instrumentation & Telemetry, Service monitoring and diagnosibility. You will work closely with all stakeholder – our business partners, your engineering peers in the Royalties team, partner engineering teams and other disciplines, all in the context of delivering value using innovation in a service that tries to move to the next higher level of service maturity.
• Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions that form the backbone for the Royalties business in Microsoft.
• Practice Agile+ software development by adding and leveraging Telemetry/Instrumentation to our components and services to drive decisions while executing in an agile cadence for engineering activities such as: designing, coding, testing, debugging and incident management.
• Adhere to and drive sound software engineering practices through design reviews, system design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions.
• Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
• Pays utmost attention to quality right from the design phase, incorporating TDD practices and are engineered for testability
• Exposes test coverage issues, organizes and implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas.
• Considers diagnosability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when his or her code is ready to be shared and delivered.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
• Applies coding patterns and best practices.
• Collaborate effectively with other disciplines of the project team.
• Very Strong development and testing experience in Object Oriented Language or Web development (3+ years)
• Relational Database development and performance tuning skills on very large scale enterprise systems (1+ years).
• 1-3 years of software development experience in building enterprise applications.
• Exposure to design and implementation of large scale distributed systems, cloud concepts at a theoretical or practical level.
• Excellent programming skills in C#/C++.
• Strong skills in designing and implementing Service Oriented Architecture, REST, OData services.
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical discipline
• MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
• At least 1-2 years’ experience building large scale distributed systems / services on Azure or AWS.
• Experience in Agile execution
• Experience building Telemetry systems and/or adding instrumentation to large scale distributed systems that helps us collect metrics.
• Experience with Data Warehouse, reporting frameworks, Application Insights.
As you may have noted from above, this position presents a great opportunity to contribute to an effort that is highly strategic to Microsoft. If you think you have it in you to join us, send us your resume right away!!!!!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.