Are you customer obsessed? And looking to join a team that is passionate about providing support that allows our customers to achieve more? The Microsoft Dynamics GP support team provides mission-critical support to Microsoft customers and partners to help them run their ERP software and keep their business up and running. In this Support Engineer role, you will focus on delivering outstanding service through technical support to customers and partners for the Microsoft Dynamics GP product suite. Microsoft Dynamics GP is a comprehensive enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution for small and midsize organizations that empowers people to work effectively, manage change, and compete globally. It makes it easy to operate across locations and countries by standardizing processes, providing visibility across your organization, and helping to simplify compliance.
- Be part of a team and develop your skills while providing in-depth technical support via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service. Issues represent technically complex, escalated problems identified in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Manage relationships with your customers and provide technical documentation for the troubleshooting steps used.
- Use debugging tools and advanced troubleshooting to analyze problems and develop unique solutions.
- Determine the best approach for resolving complex technical issues knowing that efficiency and speed to resolution are important drivers of customer satisfaction. Engage and collaborate with other Microsoft groups, including escalation resources and the Development team, in gaining resolution to critical, complex issues.
- Provide exceptional customer service in politically charged environments.
- Represent Microsoft professionally in customer and partner onsite visits and conferences, where travel may be required.
- Document your knowledge and share it with others.
- Report software bugs and be an advocate for product improvement using customer suggestions.
- Create advanced online technical content including Knowledge Base articles, training documents, webinars, blogs, etc.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP and related products such as Microsoft SQL, Exchange and Active Directory.
- Participate in planned team-wide shift rotations to cover business needs, including 24x7 “on-call” responsibilities and extended (evening shift).
- Present technical content to various audiences including customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Provide advisory services such as data fixing or “how to” scenarios to partners.
- 1+ Years customer service experience.
- 1+ Years Dynamics GP or other ERP Software experience.
- Accurate and logical problem solving independently and in a fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a high-quality customer support experience with strong customer service skills.
- Regularly exhibits a grow mindset with passion for lifelong learning and personal and professional development.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies including SQL Server, Exchange, Active Directory, IIS, SharePoint and Office.
- Excellent communication skills – spoken and written English including technical writing and the ability to deliver messaging to all levels of customer and partner organizations.
- Strong debugging skills desired but not required, e.g. ability to read and analyze network traces, fiddler, SQL trace, etc.
- Experience presenting technical content to both large and small audiences.
- Programming skills are useful but not required, preferably in Dexterity, and/or C#.
- Experience setting up virtual environments (e.g Azure).
- Accounting, business process, or financial/distribution related industry experience.
Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or Accounting (preferred)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.