Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
We are looking for candidates that have the following qualities:
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay maniacally focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative, matrixed global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with insatiable curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Relentlessly Resourceful: you have the drive to overcome any obstacle in your work.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Pure Challenge: demonstrated desire and ability to readily take on complex challenges and work towards solutions to seemingly unsolvable problems.
- Passion for Technology: you're deeply motivated by the incredible opportunity of how technology can inspire and ignite change and renewal.
Imagine becoming a Finance Manager in a multi-billion-dollar enterprise that impacts lives and businesses from Seattle to Sydney to Seoul. As a Finance manager at Microsoft, you’ll be encouraged to think big and use your insight on complex, large-scale projects that directly affect the company’s bottom line. Your keen eye for investment opportunities will have the backing of a global leader with more than $70 billion USD in annual revenue.
To meet the demands of this role, you must act as a change agent—as adept at framing problems and communicating solutions as you are with crunching numbers. You must be confident enough to make tough decisions in times of ambiguity.
- Drive monthly and quarterly business processes.
- Define performance-based business metrics.
- Coordinate financial support within or across subsidiaries or regions.
- Develop business investment and sales strategy recommendations.
- Create financial models for proposed market investments and sales programs.
- Evaluate new business opportunities and make meaningful recommendations to senior management.
- Provide timely reporting and analysis as it relates to the monthly flash, monthly business review, quarterly CFO forecast, mid-year review, and budget and business plan reviews.
- Seek improvements in key business processes, especially those that require cross-group participation.
There’s never been a better time to join Microsoft. Our newer devices and services are hitting the market in a big way, but we’re still looking for the "profit zone" Join us and you can play an integral part in the story that has yet to be written about our ever-evolving business.
- A Bachelor's, or Master’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or business (within 12 months of graduation).
- One or more years of classroom or work experience in financial risk analysis preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- English language and local language fluency for all roles (non-U.S. locations).
- Full unrestricted work authorization for your chosen location (non-U.S. locations).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.