Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
The Data Production Engineering team is an SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) team responsible for the overall ownership of 3rd party data services at Netskope, including relational databases, noSQL datastores, data caching and streaming services and more. The team designs (often in collaboration with other Netskope teams), implements, automates, maintains, monitors, and manages all of the aforementioned services and consists of Data Systems Architects, Data Systems Engineers, and Software Engineers.
What’s in it for you
As a Data SRE on the DPE team you will install, operate and monitor specific components of Netskope’s production data services. In addition, you will provide technical leadership by sharing best practices and technology trends.
What you will be doing
- Embracing our corporate culture by fostering collaboration without boundaries, and encouraging teamwork and communication that is clear, open, and honest.
- Developing and actively supplying implementations, service definitions, component interfaces, and experimental prototypes to the operations, and engineering teams for data systems within a product or service family.
- Designing, developing, testing, documenting, and implementing strategies, automation, and solutions for Netskope’s production data services.
- Understanding and communicating the non-functional requirements for the data systems (security, reliability, scalability, maintainability, etc.).
- Becoming a subject matter expert on all aspects of designated Netskope products, services, and their dependent infrastructure in order to support and improve the reliability, function, and scalability of these solutions.
- Acting as the technical and agile lead for projects spanning one or more areas, teams, and technologies.
Required skills and experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated expertise designing, building, and managing complex computing and data systems
- 1+ years of general Site Reliability Engineering or related experience.
- 1+ years of experience with medium to large-scale clustered data system environments.
- A comprehensive understanding of computer internal architecture and design to include working knowledge of specific details and design of some variants of the *NIX-based operating systems.
- A demonstrated ability to work with large-scale functional data system architectures and implementation designs, in collaboration with stakeholders in a distributed workforce environment.
- A demonstrated ability and willingness to act as subject matter expert, tracking technology/industry trends, and providing data-driven reasoning for recommending technology paths.
- Bonus points for any of the following:
- A demonstrated ability to sanitize and automate a rapidly growing global system
- Expertise with operational support systems, automation, and CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of Agile project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of a variety of programming languages including Python, C, C++, and Go.
- Knowledge of modern data technologies (MongoDB, MySQL, ScyllaDB, Cassandra, Kafka, Pulsar, Redis, etc)
- Knowledge of any cloud and virtualization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, KVM, OpenStack, or any orchestration platforms)
- An established track record for providing valuable feedback during the planning and implementation of existing projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or a combination of comparable education and experience typically obtained by 5 or more years of related work experience.
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.