Do you want to work on a team that is redefining how humans interact with intelligent technology in more natural and personalized ways? At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. For over two decades now, Windows has democratized computing and made it possible for billions of humans everywhere to achieve more! With the power of a Common Core Platform enabling new and innovative category defining Devices (like HoloLens, Surface Studio, Surface Dial, IoT Devices, etc.) backed by Intelligent Cloud Services (like XBOX Live, Office365, OneDrive, Universal Store, Beam Streaming, LinkedIn, Dynamics CRM, Bing, Skype, Yammer, Microsoft Health etc.), Windows continues to enable users to have Seamless, Secure and Intuitive game changing Experiences (like 3D Object Creation, Holographic Computing, Augmented / Virtual Reality, 4k Gaming, Inking, Cortana Personal Assistant, etc.) across multiple devices in a complex and socially connected world. Today’s users are always online and constantly on the go. They expect to do more by interacting with familiar experiences on any device in more natural ways often using speech, gestures and/or text that they already use when communicating with other humans. At the same time, users also express themselves and their emotions through deep levels of personalization on their devices. Windows continues to push new boundaries in enabling deeply personalized experiences so users can interact with devices in more natural ways and express themselves further through the power of new technologies in areas like Big Data, Cloud Services, Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. These exciting user experiences and technologies also need to meet or exceed user’s privacy expectations. The Windows and Devices (WDG) Privacy Program works with engineering teams to promote transparency and end user choice over use of their personal information. Within the team, the privacy assurance function focuses on validating the implementation of transparency and user choice. We are looking for a Privacy Program Manager to conduct technical privacy reviews and partner with engineering teams to achieve privacy compliant solutions. The individual filling this position will work closely with WDG development teams that create products, services, applications, and core platform functionality. Must be proficient in identifying and reducing risk for internal and external scenarios impacting consumer, enterprise, publishing, and communication objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct technical privacy reviews for products, services, and communications across WDG.
- Evaluating features, UI, and functionality to identify and mitigate any privacy-impacting concerns.
- Ensure WDG products, services, and communications comply with corporate privacy standards, as well as any other legal requirements. Develop customized solutions as needed; engaging with the privacy and legal teams as necessary. Documenting and disseminating as applicable within the privacy team.
- Document reviews and ensure all relevant information is accounted for to help ensure compliance with audit-level requirements.
- Propose new features, functionality, and tools to drive improvements into the WDG Privacy compliance process.
- Identify and drive escalations to the privacy team, legal, and executive management as necessary.
- Evangelize privacy principles including better integration in the development cycle
- Attention to detail and willingness to dive into technical details of features to deliver privacy requirements and innovations
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Outstanding cross-group collaboration
- Deep knowledge and passion for end user privacy -Solid project management and reporting experience
- A passion for deeply understanding customers
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) preferred
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.