Japan Azure Team is looking for a motivated, self-driven individual to drive Azure adoption with the local professional developer community. Azure is the growth engine for Microsoft, spanning our app, infrastructure, data, and artificial intelligence businesses This role will be accountable for driving awareness and engagement with the professional developer community, both as the local developer audience expert and as an Azure PaaS subject-matter expert. The right candidate will be a technical marketing leader with experience marketing to developers across both open-source and Microsoft development stacks, with strong developer community and evangelism roots The right candidate will also bring a strong developer background, .
Azure Developer Product Marketing Managers use their deep developer audience expertise and excellent marketing skills to bring Microsoft’s marketing and technical teams together to help professional cloud developers discover and successfully use Microsoft’s Azure platform, both through in-person 1:many engagements and at digital scale. Azure Developer PMMs help drive broad awareness, skilling and adoption of Azure services to promote a self-sustaining ecosystem of skilled cloud developers.
Developer Marketing (60%)
- Build and own the local Azure developer marketing plan, partnering with fellow leaders (local and corporate) to create a coherent business plan that prioritizes and customizes a local dev marketing mix of social, digital, and one-to-many experiential activities, in alignment with the Corporate marketing strategy and plan.
- Be the audience expert on the local professional cloud developer ecosystem (audience sizing, developer trends, competitive cloud platform landscape). Be the voice of the local developer audience and provide timely feedback that will shape the corporate engagement strategy.
- Maintain a solid technical understanding of the Azure platform (200 level) and be able to translate product messaging and value propositions into a locally relevant narrative that carries an authentic developer voice. Be comfortable telling the Azure story to the local developer audience at local events and communities.
- Plan and execute compelling marketing and evangelism activities that promote Microsoft Azure to professional developers
- Build, foster and maintain healthy relationships with local developer marketing and technical resources, and understand how to optimize resource utilization to execute the local developer marketing plan to grow the Azure dev pipeline. These resources include the local CMO team, Regional Cloud Developer Advocate(s), CSEs, Azure Global Black Belts, Cloud Solution Architects, and Application Solution Architects, and local developer community leaders (Microsoft MVPs, in partnership with the CPM).
Go to Market Planning (20%)
- Plan and execute the local product marketing strategy for Microsoft Azure to professional developers through local Microsoft marketing engines and Global Engagement Programs, in alignment with the Corporate marketing strategy and plan.
- Set local community strategy (online, offline) and influence local cloud developer community leaders (Influencers, MSP, MVP, RD, non-MS) to earn Azure advocacy. Use influence within your network to evangelize model applications, internally and externally.
- Conduct reviews across the business to drive aligned execution with business and evangelism resources.
Business Orchestration (20%)
- Identify and orchestrate strategic market-making plays. Own local business management strategy, partnering with fellow leaders to interpret market opportunity and risk.
- Determine key insights and drive recommendations to accelerate adoption of Microsoft Azure back into subsidiary leadership team.
- Capture, analyze and report key performance indicators, insights and metrics and drive informed feedback into Corporate marketing to improve global and local (“glocal”) execution plans and outcomes.
Key experiences, skills, and knowledge
- Minimum of 8 years of experience marketing to developers, with a proven track record of building technical relationships within the local professional developer community (those paid to code)
- Passion for technology and a background working in the commercial application development space (minimum of 2 years) Deep insight about the local technical ecosystem, including cloud platform providers, developer communities and business trends
- Deep marketing competencies/skills & experience, including analytical skills
- Demonstrated technical marketing experience across cloud technologies, including Azure, AWS, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Strong understanding of software development principles, common DevOps practices, cloud platforms, business drivers, and emerging trends in Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies and tools (e.g., Node; Java; Python; etc.)
- Previous experience in professional software development roles
- Track record of strategic organizational impact and influence
- Track record of v-team accomplishments (cross boundary collaboration and interpersonal awareness)
- Exceptional leadership skills and team building, decision-making, conflict resolution, negotiation skills, and follow through
- Results driven; with exceptional presentation, verbal, and written communication
- Degree in either Marketing/Business or Computer Science; MBA or Masters in Computer Science preferred (depending on level)
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Japanese
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.