Sr Consultant - Cybersecurity
Do you have a passion for helping Microsoft's clients defend themselves against targeted exploitation? Are you passionate about being intimately involved in the latest, ground breaking developments in the cybersecurity industry? Do you love communicating with industry leaders and having a direct impact on the security of all Microsoft customers? Do you want to be on the front lines of helping our customers go toe-to-toe against advanced adversaries? If so, you might want to consider joining the Microsoft Cybersecurity Services' Team.
As a Consultant, you will provide product and solution expertise. We drive customer loyalty, we devise and implement action plans and communicate clearly with both internal partners and customers. This specific role will partner with our customers to help them develop a roadmap for securing their high value assets against determined human adversaries. You will be responsible for delivering high quality engagements, customer satisfaction, adoption, and deployment of Microsoft Cyber services for diverse client environments.
To be considered for our team we look for the following skills:
- Strong Program Management and Crisis Management Skills
- Able to create a client security baseline
- Can advise customers on the Microsoft Cloud Security capabilities across the Azure platform
- Deep understanding of how to implement best practices for designing and securing Active Directory
- Practical, hands-on experience implementing Public Key Infrastructures
- Practical, hands-on experience deploying and configuring Advanced Threat Analytics
- Discover and document privileged administrator account usage across a customer's environment
- Deep experience with the following technologies including: Active Directory, WSUS, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, System Center Operations Manager
- Deep understanding in the configuration of Windows Firewall
- Ability to secure end to end IPSec Connections using Active Directory Certificate Services
- Experience with configuring smart cards for multi-factor authentication
- A base understanding of common exploitation tools, tactics and procedures
- Familiarity with determined adversaries and how malicious software persists on compromised systems
- Can describe the process and/or tool sets used to document privileged administrator account usage across a customer's environment and why that is important
- Proven experience in the implementation of secure zone and tiered methodology for least privileged access to Active Directory
- Knowledgeable of the Threat Landscape and common attack vectors
A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
Along with 3+ years of combined cybersecurity, consulting and project management experience. Preferably 3+ years government consulting experience, 3+ years of experience with Microsoft cybersecurity solutions and 3+ years project management experience
This role is expected to travel up to 25-50% of the time. If you are located in the DC area, less travel may be required.
The Cybersecurity team partners on customer projects in the US and around the globe. The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance and be able to obtain a DoD clearance at the level sought by our customers when required for the role. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance and be able to obtain a DoD clearance at the level sought by our customers when required for the role. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.