Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Our customers’ system requirements are usually highly complex. Bringing together hardware and software systems design, Systems Development Engineering operates at the very cutting edge of technology to meet them. We design and develop electronic and electro-mechanical or systems-orientated products, conduct feasibility studies on engineering proposals and prepare installation, operation and maintenance specifications and instructions. We’re proud to deliver programs and products to the highest quality standards, on time and within budget.
The Project Delivery Team Lead Engineer leads the engineering project team that develops GPU, FPGA and other technology accelerators into the PowerEdge server portfolio.
- Lead the engineering team developing and releasing accelerator products from Plan through Sustain.
- Represent Engineering on the cross-functional Core Team.
- Interlock with platform, validation and extended engineering teams on all aspects of programs, including securing required support and resources.
- Lead technology partner engagement to ensure that they understand and deliver to Dell requirements.
- Actively engage with Quality to understand product field performance and drive improvements.
- Develop project budgets with guidance from manager.
- Excellent communication, influence, problem solving and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal or external partners to successfully deliver complex product development projects.
- Demonstrated ability to develop computer systems/subsystems or FPGA, GPU or microprocessor-based accelerator devices.
- 12+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s or 8+ with a Master’s degree in engineering or science, EE or CS preferred; or equivalent experience.
- Experience developing or using FPGA and GPU devices.
- Expertise in server architectures or associated software stacks.
- Experience developing systems with complex interactions between FW, SW and HW elements.
- Experience developing products that integrate with Linux, ESX or Windows operating systems.
- Experience leading an engineering team to develop enterprise-quality products
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you would thrive in a combined hardware and software design function, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.