Vertical integration models like the iPhone/iPad may promise higher quality but lack diversity. Windows delights our customers with varying degree of hardware and innovative designs from our ecosystem partners, while taking up the challenge of providing the same promise of high quality. The Strategy and Ecosystem (S&E) team within Windows is looking for a high-energy technical program manager who would play a critical role in building the next generation of innovative devices with our Windows OEM partners with strong communication and technical skills to work across team/company boundaries and brining future versions of designs of devices- 2in1s, laptops, AIOs to market. This is an opportunity to shape the next gen PC experience for our customers by driving engagement with key OEM, IBV & IHV partners and driving engineering collaboration on marquee hardware differentiated features with Windows engineering.
As a member of the S&E team, you will work closely with multiple internal and external teams. You will have the opportunity to:
* Drive the lifecycle of a Windows project with partners across engineering teams
* Coordinate various test and self-host efforts for the project(s)
* Bring strategic focus and business awareness along with technical understanding to our engineering collaborations
* Interact with senior leaders to execute on our engagement strategy throughout the OS development cycle
* Identify gaps in our plans and drive to solutions using influence strategies which help the project
* Ensure we have the right conversations, at the right time and with the right people, internally and externally. You will do this via your ability to forge deep relationships and make insightful recommendations
* Engage key partners in joint planning, gather requirements, identify high-priority devices for engineering collaboration, and work closely with feature teams to build the right OS to deliver secure and differentiated devices
* Acquire and socialize deep knowledge and insights on partner business and engineering priorities and context
To be successful in this role you will need to be an excellent communicator with a passion for working with partners to enable the ecosystem and deliver devices that customers want to buy. You will need work in a collaborative manner that brings together various functional disciplines. The successful candidate’s background likely includes experience in engineering, planning and/or product management roles. You’ll really shine in this position if you are creative, strategic and detailed in your thinking. Having previous experience with device drivers and hardware bring-up is a plus.
This role gives you the opportunity to interact with senior leaders inside and outside the company and to influence and impact the OS product and the hardware devices our partners bring to market in a fast paced, collaborative work environment.
Requirements for this position:
* Bachelor’s degree (EE preferred)
* Technical skills in hardware bring-up, device drivers and CoreOS concepts
* Strong written and oral communication skills
Key skills include:
Cross-Group Collaboration, Leadership, Communication, Strategic Thinking, Problem Solving, Impact and Influence, Project Management, and Negotiation Skills. Specific experience working in the OEM space is desirable but not required. This position is based in Redmond, WA, and some travel may be required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.