fuboTV is the fastest growing video streaming startup (backed by some of the world's largest media companies) that is reinventing live television for the entire household in the cord cutting era.
Originally founded as a soccer streaming service, fuboTV is the leading sports-first cable replacement in the U.S, growing to nearly 250,000 paying subscribers.
fuboTV broadcasts most NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL games, all major soccer leagues, and a wide range of college and other sports. fuboTV also broadcasts a wide variety of news, movies, and entertainment programming including the FOX, NBC, CBS, and Turner broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and much more! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku and Chromecast.
About the Role:
The Video Input/Output team at fuboTV is looking for an exceptional Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for resilient infrastructures and architectural simplicity. This is a Software Engineering role for someone that’s passionate about reducing operational overhead by writing autohealing and globally resilient services.
As a member of the Video Input/Output team at fuboTV, you will work on low latency data processing systems that are placed under constant load with near real-time demands. Additionally, you will engineer elegant and reliable solutions for building on top of inconsistent cloud infrastructures that fuboTV uses to cost-effectively scale to support millions of concurrent users.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer on a small, dedicated team, this role also requires aptitude for removing complexity from existing architectures, performing frequent code reviews, mentoring fellow engineers, and representing fuboTV and its interests with third parties and vendors.
All fuboTV Backend Software Engineers must:
- Architect, design, develop, test, maintain, and improve software systems
- Have 4+ years of experience in delivering working software
- Write clean, well-tested code
- Be familiar with REST APIs and SQL
- Have mastery of at least one modern backend stack, with a willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Have an interest or experience in Go, message queues, and/or microservices
- Collaborate with other engineers and members of the fuboTV team to determine priorities and best practices, and refine functional requirements
Site Reliability Engineers on the Video Input/Output team are expected to have the following:
- 4+ years of experience delivering production-quality software or software-defined infrastructure in a high traffic environment run on a “cloud hosting” environment (GCP or AWS preferred)
- 4+ years of customer-facing services Linux System Administration
- 4+ years experience coding in Go, Python, Ruby, Java, or shell languages
- Experience running/maintaining a highly-available relational database
- Experience writing or scaling backend applications
- Professional experience using modern log/metric aggregation software (e.g. Stackdriver, Cloudwatch, Datadog, Elasticsearch + Kibana, Splunk)
- Experience debugging and profiling software run on a Linux operating system (e.g. GDB, PProf, etc.)
- Experience and comfort with continuous delivery/frequent releases of code to production
- A methodical and logical approach to reasoning about problems and system interactivity
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation and act as a subject matter expert for fuboTV-internal groups
- Willingness and ability to prioritize business needs to meet short-term demands
- An unwillingness to tolerate user-facing downtime
We are looking for Software Engineers who care about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous deployment, SOLID design principles, and agile (with a lowercase “a”) methodologies.
Additionally, the Senior level role for the Video Input/Output team has some additional expectations:
- Have demonstrated expertise in delivering production-quality software in a low-latency, high-throughput environment using a strongly-typed language
- Demonstrated expertise designing and implementing global infrastructures that can handle hundreds of thousands of requests per second
- Self-motivated and capable of driving high-complexity projects to completion
- Conduct design reviews for new and existing code
- Either have production experience working with media streaming protocols (e.g. HTTP Live Streaming) or willingness to learn
- Remain informed of industry best-practices and standards and promote their use internally to the Video Input/Output group (e.g. better alternatives for distributed storage, superior logging/telemetry frameworks)
- Enhance the quality of our codebases while increasing their simplicity, as well as providing mentoring to help teammates do the same
The ideal candidate will also:
- Experience with application orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.)
- Production experience in a strongly-typed language (especially Go)
- Enjoy learning new things and sharing knowledge with coworkers
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving and receiving honest (but polite) feedback
- Be unafraid of failure