Parametric is part of Morgan Stanley Investment Management, the asset management division of Morgan Stanley. We partner with advisors, institutions, and consultants to build portfolios focused on what’s important to them and their clients. A leader in custom solutions for more than 30 years, we help investors access efficient market exposures, solve implementation challenges, and design multi-asset portfolios that respond to their evolving needs. We also offer systematic alpha and alternative strategies to complement clients’ core holdings.
Manages structured equity portfolios maximizing tax efficiency while tracking an index. Portfolio managers act as investment "engineers" — creating portfolios using optimization software to implement firm’s quantitative-based strategy. The Associate Portfolio Manager must continually measure performance, manage risk and control costs.
- Construct optimized equity index portfolios for separate accounts
- Rebalance and transition portfolios to maximize tax-efficiency
- Construct custom benchmark data
- Monitor index changes and corporate actions
- Generate after-tax return data for both portfolios and benchmarks
- Performance attribution
- Respond to client requests for analysis
- Interact across teams including Technology, Research, Marketing, Client Service, Operations
- Participate in process improvement and technology development efforts.
- Bachelor’s (4yr) degree with concentration in finance, accounting, engineering or related quantitative focus
- Preferred 4+ years professional experience in investment management or similar
- Significant progress towards a CFA, MBA and/or another credential relevant to investment management or finance strongly preferred
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Familiarity with academic financial theory and applications
- Working knowledge of equity risk models and portfolio optimization preferred
- Analytical writing ability
Salary range for the position: $70,000-$150,000. The successful candidate may be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award. The successful candidate may be eligible to participate in the relevant business unit’s incentive compensation plan, which also may include a discretionary bonus component. Morgan Stanley offers a full spectrum of benefits, including Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Dependent Day Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability and Other Insurance Plans, Paid Time Off (including Sick Leave consistent with state and local law, Parental Leave and 20 Vacation Days annually), 10 Paid Holidays, 401(k), and Short/Long Term Disability, in addition to other special perks reserved for our employees. Please visit mybenefits.morganstanley.com to learn more about our benefit offerings.
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).