Senior Manager, Customer Design Strategy
Are you a leader that loves to be on the cutting edge, thinking about ways governments can become more citizen-centric in accomplishing their missions? Do you have experience leading teams through customer transformation initiatives by combining strategy, technology and design? If so, Deloitte Digital is the place for you! Help bring the power of human-centered design to our Government and Public Service clients and transform how they elevate the human experience. A career within our growing practice will offer you unique exposure to our capabilities, industry expertise and trusted methodologies.
Work you’ll do
- Plan, lead and organize and deliver services on a cross-section of complex customer and citizen centric projects
- Build and maintain responsibility for development of business and vendor relationships
- Manage pursuit teams focused on new opportunities, and lead major aspects of the proposal development process
- Maintain responsibility for project financials including development of financial plans
- Manage day-to-day interactions with executive clients and Deloitte team
- Establish relationships in strategic client positions; negotiate, lead, and facilitate these relationships
- Display breadth and depth of knowledge regarding functional and technical issues
- Coach, lead and support delivery teams and staff
- Provide input and actively participate in recruitment and retention activities
Our Customer Strategy & Applied Design team focuses on helping clients discover, design, and prototype customer growth strategies and innovation portfolios to create and drive change in a digital world. We bring knowledge and offerings to uncover the behaviors, motivations and preferences of our clients’ customers and develop new experiences for them. Our team of professionals has deep capabilities in strategy, customer experience, digital strategy and innovation.
We deliver set of customer focused work:
- Customer Strategy| Help clients build capabilities to better understand customer value drivers and make choices about the markets and segments they serve through digital, social, and mobile channels
- Human Experience | Help clients build improve the quality, nature and power of interactions between the customer and the organization across the lifecycle of sales, marketing and service at each and every touch point.
- Applied Innovation | Help clients rapidly design, prototype and launch new businesses and experiences, translating insights on human behavior from design-led methods into offerings and technologies that delight customers and drive growth
- Digital Strategy | Help clients understand, envision and articulate “digital” as a strategy aligned with government mission, and then craft a plan to embed everything they do with the latest technology solutions and business models to best serve the needs of citizens
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15+ years of business strategy consulting or other relevant industry experience, with focus on customer strategy, customer experience measurement and design and marketing.
- 5+ years in a human centered design experience or functional leadership role, focus on service design within government and public sector
- Previous professional services or consulting experience
- Deep understanding of digital ecosystems and how our clients can create value in dynamic, non-linear value chains
- Experience mentoring and coaching others
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience managing senior-level client relationships
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Pre-sales, proposal, and RFP experience
- Proven track record of consistently attaining managed revenue targets as well as achieving quarterly or yearly sales objectives for new business
- Must be able to travel up to 75% or more if needed
- Experience applying human centered design and innovation frameworks to transform customer experience
- Experience delivering customer strategies that incorporate mobile, digital and technology platforms
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html