Invesco is one of the world�s leading global investment managers, entrusted with managing $1.2 trillion* in assets on behalf of clients worldwide. We are the 6th largest US retail asset manager and the 13th largest investment manager globally, and our more than 8,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. We are purely focused on managing a comprehensive range of active, passive and alternative investment capabilities, which we draw on to provide customized solutions aligned to client needs, our most important benchmark. (*As of May 31,2019)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
Producer and present investment insight for the UK retail client base
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Present market insight generated by the Market Insight Team to a broad range of Invesco�s retail clients through seminars, ad hoc group and one-on-one meetings and other events (33% of role)
- Pro-actively provide support, where appropriate, to the various sales functions within UK Retail in helping them develop and achieve their business plans and sales targets
- Support the Head of MIT in the presentation creation process by providing constructive input and insight where appropriate (66% of role)
- Develop new presentation material on their own, where appropriate
- Update existing presentation material on an ongoing basis
- Ongoing development of their working knowledge of financial market and economic theory
- Ensure that they have a sound understanding of what is happening at the macro-economic and financial markets on a day to day basis
- Provide presentation and content support to other parts of Invesco�s business as required
- Ensure all activities are in line with Invesco�s Conduct principles.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Ability to present at a broad range of events to a high standard equivalent to that of the presenters already in the team
- Ability to produce concise, interesting content
- An already developed interest /background knowledge of investment
- Good working knowledge of Excel and other software used in investment analysis (or at least the ability to develop their expertise here quickly)
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Self-motivated / directed
- Ability to work within a team and the broader business
- An analytical / lateral thinking / innovative mind
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Economics or equivalent degree
FCA Training and Competence (UK Only):
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco is proud to be a flexible, inclusive, and diverse employer. We foster an environment where all our people feel valued and can be themselves.
Recruitment Agencies: Invesco has an in-house recruitment team, which focuses on sourcing great candidates directly. Therefore, Invesco will not accept unsolicited resumes from agency or search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired. When we do use agencies, we have a PSL in place, so please do not contact hiring managers directly.