The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 50 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 85,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
Calm is launching its B2B business and we’re building our foundational go-to-market team. We are looking for our first Director of Sales to play a crucial role in hiring, developing talent, creating processes, building culture, and driving success for our enterprise customers. You will help develop the team’s skills and deliver on targets, create sales strategy, as well as work directly with customers. The ideal candidate will have proven success as a sales leader in a high-growth environment; with an excellent track record in driving sales with people & talent, health & wellness and HR teams within large international organizations. This person can drive sales performance while developing and managing initiatives focused on improving efficiency and performance; working closely with strategy, partnership, and finance teams. You are a true entrepreneur who loves creating and executing process at the same time, are a proven team and business leader, love to help others succeed, and have a passion for working for a mission-driven company.Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, mentor, inspire and grow an incredible team of sales rep’s through impeccable leadership and innovative sales strategies
- Help create internal and external processes that will help the B2B organization run effectively, efficiently, and in support of business strategies and objectives
- Manage day-to-day operations, with a focus on performance against key sales metricsPartner with the team to build scalable inbound and outbound lead management
- Partner with the team to onboard the right customers, drive adoption/engagement and create sustainable expansion and renewal strategy
- Partner with Operations to build sales processes and forecasting models that are measurable and scalable
- Build a set of KPIs to drive insightful learnings and actions
- Support and drive the annual business planning process, including the development of the go-to-market business plan, territory/comp/quota planning
- 8+ years of experience preferably within a proven consultative sales in software/hardware technology (ideally working with HR, talent, wellness teams)
- 5+ years of Sales Management experience preferably within an Enterprise SaaS organization with experience building a sales team from the ground up
- Consistent track record of achieving personal and team goals, managing pipeline and building reliable forecast models, revenue and capacity planning, identify issues, gaps, and drive resolutions
- Expertise with every aspect of the sales cycle from identifying and qualifying leads, creating customer-facing proposals, negotiating contracts and procurement, and transitioning new accounts to Customer Success team
- Deep knowledge of corporate HR and Wellness programs (key contacts at large organizations is a huge plus)
- Person of high integrity and character, great team player, exemplifies selfless drive, loves to win and help others win, puts business and company first
- Demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, and sales acumen
- Can provide insight and intelligence about markets, customers, and competitors.
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task, prioritize, and handle time effectively
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering value added, insightful and strategic insight into their business
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!