At Xbox Games Publishing, we are hard at work continuing the great legacy of Flight Simulator. We are a passionate group responsible for this amazing franchise, and we are looking for an experienced colleague to manage, plan and execute the delivery of our live publishing releases across multiple platforms.
The Live Operations Program Manager is responsible for coordinating all of Flight Simulator’s software release and live publishing activities, from definition of release, to readiness reviews, submission and post-release analysis. This spans major product releases, service updates, service maintenance periods, hot fixes, content-based events and incremental updates, ensuring delivery of change to customers in a predictable and timely fashion and minimized customer impact around these necessary activities.
The live operations program manager will:
- Manage requirements from the stakeholders in customer/product experience as they are enabled or impacted by publishing environment. Map these objectives into publishing actions that are as predictable and free of adverse complexity and adverse customer impact as possible.
- Define and report on metrics representing great customer service through live publishing activities
- Keep actively on top of changing platform capabilities and the requirements of certification and compliance affecting product changes.
- Maintain the source of truth for live product and service versions and configurations across all release environments.
- Establish plan of record for management of any changes resulting from planned upgrade, maintenance, hotfix or reset, ensuring all parties are aware and tracking.
- Directly oversee change processes as they take place and ensure any unforeseen issues are communicated rapidly to aid mitigation.
- Work with in-house and platform partners to develop the workflow and toolset to support improvements to release activities in reliability, time-to-customer and general business continuity.
- Deputize for the Live Operations Manager in administration of the wider program of round-the-clock monitoring, escalation and incident management.
The ideal candidate will be a real result-oriented self-starter with clear experience of making things happen through a combination of own effort and involving and harnessing the potential of others for best results.
- Clear experience of managing product submissions across a range of platforms
- Familiarity with framing objectives unambiguously through KPIs
- Proficiency in communicating clearly and concisely in person and through reports and documentation
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexible, questioning can-do mindset and an empathy for the player
- Strength in communicating clearly with a range of different personality types and disciplines
soft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.