Software Senior Principal Engineer
Responsible for designing and developing products and solutions to provide industry leading manageability of Dell's commercial client products. As a software dev engineer in Dell's Systems Management Software Group, you will have the opportunity to engage across organizational boundaries and with a diverse, talented, global team.
- Development of feature definition and product scoping
- Development of high level and low level designs for solutions
- Providing technical leadership to product engineering teams including contributing to product development
- Cross-organization engagement to develop integrated, differentiated solutions
- Software Development Engineer and Test (SDET)
Expert knowledge of:
- Low level programming in C# (C++ preferable as well)
- GUI development (XAML, WPF, etc.)
- Industry initiatives such as DASH, TruManage, and vPro
- PC Imaging technologies
- Industry leading console solutions such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- SW Design Principles
- Leading a SW development team
- Using standard software development tools such as IDE and Command Line Development Environments, Issue Tracking, Source Control, and Automated Build Scripts
- Systems Management for Windows Operating systems including Group Policy, Active Directory, etc.
- COM, WMI programming
- UEFI / BIOS
- Agile SW Development Methodology
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dells team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.