Visual Designer-Life Sciences and Healthcare
Heat is a full-service creative agency that believes in the power of surprise to build brands, solve problems, and kindly take over the world. Headquartered in San Francisco and with offices in Seattle, Chicago and New York, Heat brings to life integrated content for a wide array of brands. We are an internationally recognized award-winning agency, garnering over 40 awards in 2016 and nine Cannes Lions to our credit. In 2016, Heat was named the Effie’s Most Effective Independent Agency in North America and is one of the only advertising agencies to be named “Best Places to Work” in San Francisco. We were recently acquired by Deloitte Digital and with our combined capabilities, can now offer a wider creative canvas for both talent and clients alike. We prioritize creative thinking and take pride in what we do. We’re growing our search practice and are seeking an SEO Coordinator in our NY or SF office.
Work you’ll do:
- Act as the lead or contributing designer on projects, presenting work across the design, UX, and development teams – with oversight from others on the Design team
- Create designs that are on brand for our clients and follow a project’s creative vision and business strategy while putting the user first
- Collaborate with developers, engagement managers, UX designers, and others to deliver high-quality creative for both internal and client-facing projects
- Provide constructive art direction alongside your fellow designers
- Work on projects of varying length and complexity
- Contribute to improvements in our creative process and capabilities
- 3+ years of related design experience
- Ability to work in a variety of digital-focused design applications like Sketch, Invision, and Illustrator
- Well-rounded knowledge of design principles and techniques
- Proficiency in producing “pixel perfect” design files
- Proficiency in web optimization principles and other production methods
- Ability to organize and self-direct to get things done
- Ability to take feedback and use it to improve your work
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in groups as needed
- A developed personal style, with the ability to scale and adapt as the project needs
- A consistent passion for learning and pursuing your craft
- Limited Immigration Sponsorship may be available.
Bonus points for:
- Cross-platform web & mobile development experience (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Experience creating design systems for enterprise level experiences
- Experience creating icons and other custom illustrations for experiences
- Ability to use motion tools like Adobe After Effects, Principle for Mac, and Framer to communicate interaction design and motion
- Interest in emerging technology/design trends, tools, and methods
- Curiosity and an eagerness to learn from others
- Experience working in a consulting environment
- Participation in the wider design community and connections with creative organizations such as AIGA, Creative Mornings, etc.
At Heat, we develop traditional, digital and social content for a wide array of consumer and B2B brands at the leading edge of today’s client marketing challenges. You’ll work with kind, smart, hardworking people (if we do say so ourselves) who care about the work we create. Learn more about Heat.
Healthcare marketing is having a moment and we are disrupting the traditional healthcare agency model by helping our clients reimagine brand creative that doesn’t say ‘pharma’. We realize how the growing interconnectivity between patients and providers has changed our role to one of creating a personalized narrative, a more human story that speaks directly to each patient’s unique needs, and delivering it seamlessly through relatable and innovative customer experiences, that ultimately drives a better outcome.
With this in mind, you’ll find yourself working alongside some of the most kind, smart, and talented strategists, creatives, account folks and producers - all who care about the work we create and revolutionizing the healthcare industry for patients and providers alike.
How you’ll grow
At Heat, we focus on helping people at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level to senior leadership, we believe there’s always room to grow. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, and work alongside industry-leading talent on a daily basis. Our Heaters have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
About Heat’s relationship with Deloitte Digital
We’ve recently joined forces with Deloitte Digital to offer our award-winning creative services to allow brands to realize their ambitions at a larger scale.
At Heat, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and our partnership with Deloitte offers employees a broad range of benefits. We’ll see you at the benefits meeting. Learn more about what working at Heat can mean for you.
Heat’s culture stems directly from our philosophy. And if you enjoy philosophy, you can read ours here. If you’re more of a math and sciences person and think philosophy is nothing more than a class you avoided in college, that’s fine too.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.