Invesco is one of the world's leading global investment managers, entrusted with managing $1.2 trillion* in assets on behalf of clients worldwide. We are the 6th largest US retail asset manager and the 13th largest investment manager globally, and our more than 8,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. We are purely focused on managing a comprehensive range of active, passive and alternative investment capabilities, which we draw on to provide customized solutions aligned to client needs, our most important benchmark. (*As of May 31,2019)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Controller is responsible for the financial reporting and oversight of assigned credit or private equity portfolios and/or Fund products.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Responsible for supervising accountants performing accounting and reporting on credit, mezzanine debt, and private equity fund investments, including set up and accounting for complex joint ventures and multi-tier commingled funds.
- Investment oversight will primarily be US based, but certain international portfolios/investments may be part of assigned duties.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual portfolio level financial statements and other client reporting.
- Perform detailed review of all audit report drafts prior to submission to external auditors. Coordinate with direct reports and auditors to ensure completion of annual audits by required deadlines.
- Proactive and aggressive in adding value through new ideas and processes in order to produce optimum operational efficiency and reduced costs.
- Identify and coordinate the transition of department responsibilities to Invesco's Hyderabad office. Hold direct reports accountable for continuing to identify tasks/efficiencies gained by work being performed by Hyderabad personnel.
- Effectively manage and develop Assistant Controllers and Senior Accountants.
- Communicate effectively with outside clients, upper management, peers and subordinates.
- Responsible for staying apprised of issues affecting fund accounting including all GAAP technical matters and ensuring compliance with regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Coordinate with outside tax preparers on preparation of necessary tax returns.
- Work closely with the investment team to manage cash needs, including line of credit maintenance, reviewing trade reports and lender compliance.
- Interact well with custodians and other third-party administrators related to fund products.
- Perform thorough review of performance returns, advisor incentive fees, and other investment metrics as requested by the portfolio team.
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with the portfolio and investment management teams, as well as with other business disciplines.
- Help coordinate and lead team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum of eight years of related accounting experience.
- Big 4/public accounting background preferred, Manager level or higher.
- Big 4 and credit industry combination profiles will be strongly considered.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience with a demonstrated ability to effectively. manage a staff of highly qualified accountants.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with Yardi and/or Investran software a plus.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team oriented and strong interpersonal skills very important.
- A demonstrated reputation for excellence and achievement.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor's or master's degree in accounting/finance.
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- CPA certification is strongly preferred.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.