About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting) , Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Corporate Finance & Restructuring
Our Corporate Finance and Restructuring practice, a trusted partner to companies, boards of directors, investors, lenders and creditors around the world, is focused on delivering restructuring and business transformation solutions. Committed to our clients' success, our professionals address the full spectrum of financial, operational and transactional risks and opportunities. Among our core strengths is providing expertise in guiding companies through the value creation lifecycle. Our targeted offerings include restructuring, insolvency, litigation support, interim management, capital market advisory, post-acquisition integration, valuation, tax advisory as well as financial management and performance improvement solutions. Our clients demand our industry expertise, which includes emphasis in the energy, healthcare, real estate, retail and consumer products, and telecom, media and technology sectors. Our Corporate Finance & Restructuring services are delivered through a global network of 41 offices in 15 countries situated in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and North America.
ABOUT BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION:
We advise corporate and financial clients across the deal life cycle, bringing deep deal experience coupled with on-point industry experts to structure, conduct due diligence, integrate, value and communicate around the transaction. Being a public corporation and consulting firm, we are free from audit-based conflicts and restrictions, allowing us to provide a full suite of services, including projected financial information.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
A Director (Manager) level consultant focused on operational and optionally commercial excellence, with deep sourcing and procurement expertise with a focus on engery. A Director will typically be expected to manage projects and teams of consultants, receiving oversight and supervision from Managing Directors and Senior Managing Directors. Directors are expected to have strong client presence and project management skills, be able to manage multiple workstreams, and be adept at synthesizing large amounts of data to summarize key takeaways and recommendations. This role will provide services primarily in the following areas:
- Performance Improvement;
- Merger Integration
- PE firm - Operational Due Diligence
- Apply sales and marketing, manufacturing, supply chain, and procurement expertise with regards to transformational projects, including merger integration engagements.
- Apply Six Sigma, Lean, and similar methods to provide operational recommendations and detailed implementation plans.
- Lead client teams, e.g. functional work streams, in developing operational plans and identifying synergies during merger / transition planning.
- Apply business and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines (e.g., operations improvements, make vs buy analysis, spend analysis, strategic sourcing, operational due diligence, etc,)
- Ability to perform the following merger integration tasks related to Sourcing, Procurement, Manufacturing and Distribution Synergy evaluations - understanding the potential benefits, costs, and value drivers of a transaction.
- Pre-completion planning - developing high level plans for the first 100 days by work stream, setting up a program governance and developing Day 1 plans to take control.
First 100 days and long-term implementation - fully mobilized integration team with a prioritized set of opportunities and realization of quick wins.
- Second wave integration - a refocused, re-energized integration process to capture the originally envisaged benefits of the deal
- Maintain detailed working paper records reflecting assumptions, methodologies and sources of information employed during the performance of all analytical tasks
- Work to ensure a quality product, as well as delivery of all work within established timeframes.
- Prepare draft written analyses and other reports for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope, findings and/or results of activities.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and quantitative exhibits for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope, findings and/or results of activities.
- Research and organize information to facilitate effective data access and analysis.
- Maintain professional image within the company and project same to those outside the company.
- Responsible for day to day activities of project including interaction with other team members, professionals from other firms involved in the engagement and client personnel. May include supervision of client personnel.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Effective interpersonal communications, including active listening.
- Project Management skills
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-task environment; willingness to research, analyze and develop new skills.
- Flexibility with respect to assigned tasks and engagements.
- Six Sigma, Lean, or CPIM certifications preferred.
- General knowledge of corporate finance, supply chain, and manufacturing principles and terminology.
- Experience in procurement and sourcing including spend analysis, sourcing, outsourcing, category management, negotiations, supplier management, procure-to-pay process, sourcing tools, etc.
- Ability to travel 80%.
- MBA and Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other quantitative field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Experience in Six Sigma
- Proficiency with PC environment and related software, including Microsoft Office applications (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Tableau, others)
- Strong analytical skills including data analysis and ability to synthesize and draw relevant conclusions
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We're a community of women leveraging our connections into top companies to help underrepresented women get the roles they've always deserved. Simultaneously, we work to build truly inclusive hiring processes and environments where women can thrive and not just survive.
Are you hiring? Join our platform for diversifiying your team