Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
Secureworks is a world-class cybersecurity organization that has just launched RedCloak TDR, a new SaaS cybersecurity product that will enable IT professionals worldwide to monitor and secure their environments. We’re hiring for a UX team that will build the design vision for this next generation of cybersecurity software.
Our team is agile and growing. We need someone to anchor the Research side of things—someone that will collaborate with business stakeholders and the UX Design team to plan and carry out research that will drive our world-class design.
- Develop comprehensive research strategies to produce actionable data that is relevant across the product lifecycle.
- Plan and conduct a variety of research, including but not limited to generative research, usability research, card sorting, and everything in between.
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering, and business partners during all steps of research.
- Translate research findings into actionable recommendations and present them in compelling ways.
- Triangulate multiple data sources into integrated insights.
- Work with the UX Director to evangelize research results throughout the organization.
- Influence upper management with a persuasive data-driven stance on difficult user experience and/or business issues.
- An academic background in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, behavioral science, or a related field OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience with user research.
- A proven track record of conducting research that produces actionable insights across a variety of research methodologies (both qualitative and quantitative).
- Ability to work in exploratory and generative spaces as well as throughout product development that involves more iterative, rapid, and evaluative methods.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate the value and purpose of UX research and design concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to travel to conduct field research.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more other disciplines of UX Design such as: Information Architecture, Wireframing, Visual Design, Interaction Design, Writing, or Prototyping.
- Ability to facilitate workshops to enable diverse stakeholders to build shared understanding, generate ideas, and make decisions.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, or other design or illustration tools.
- Experience working with Agile development teams.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.