The primary role of the Senior Account Manager is to deliver revenue objectives by managing and developing business with new major accounts and by driving utilization within named existing major accounts within a defined territory.
This role is part of a regional sales team where you will define and plan your strategic and tactical approaches to achieving your objectives. You will work closely with local marketing, technical sales and the delivery organisation to build and close business within the region.
This role requires the ability to discover new opportunities for AVEVA’s solutions in the Energy Market, working with the customer to explore and build a business case for investment in AVEVA’s solutions.
It is an expectation that travel to clients, partners, prospects, AVEVA offices etc. (including overseas on occasion) will be a normal requirement of successfully executing this role.
• Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets supporting the regional business.
• Define and execute your Account Manager Business Plan which outlines your strategic and tactical approaches for achieving your targets
• Plan and organise all related sales activities starting from prospecting through to closing business in line with the AVEVA Sales Process.
• Comply with AVEVA’s Processes and Policies and other written and verbal communication from the management.
• Analyse your ongoing performance against your plan to develop monthly reporting including long term account strategies with both current and proposed activities, customer visits, revenue status, and revenue forecast.
• Maintain and develop the customer pipeline in accordance with the pipeline recognition rules, and maintain activity within AVEVA’s Sales Force solution.
• Ensure sales documentation to support revenue booking are duly signed.
• Retain existing accounts and expanding solutions utilisation, by developing long term relationships with Executives and key decision makers.
• Support management with all market related information and assist with marketing activity where appropriate.
Important Working Relationships
In addition to maintaining strong working relationships with all regional Sales, Marketing, Solution Strategy, Global Business Development and Consultants, the Senior Account Manager will maintain a close working relationship with the regional Technical Pre & Post Sales organisation to ensure accurate communication of requirements and client expectations.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
• You will possess experience (at least 7-10 years) in a sales, account management and/or business development role selling software solutions serving Plant Owner Operators, EPC’s and /or Design consultants.
• You must be passionate about the customer’s business and must be able to investigate and uncover their most important problems to solve, matching AVEVA’s solutions to them where appropriate.
• You will possess experience (at least 7 years) with IT solutions and the business processes associated with the industries served by AVEVA and likely to have worked for an IT solutions provider, EPC, Plant Owner Operator, or technology consultancy.
• You will preferably be degree qualified or have a professional qualification.
• You will be a self-starter, able to work to develop new and existing client engagements though the entire sales cycle.
• You will be skilled and experienced operating at a range of levels from end user to senior decision makers within AVEVA’s target customer base, aligning their business problems with our technology solutions.
• You will have sound commercial and analytical skills to help identify market trends and opportunities for your nominated territory, refining business and account plans to exploit such opportunities. You will be experienced in assessing commercial and legal risk and taking steps in negotiations to minimise / mitigate same from our business undertakings.
• You will have a positive and determined approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities and then marshalling the resources to pursue and close the business.
• You will have strong communication skills in all forms – written, oral, email, presentation, and have strong English language skills.
• You will be personable, be a strong team player and be able to conduct challenging business and commercial conversations with customers in a positive manner.
Sales Competencies Required
• Customer Focused: Develops in-depth understanding of customer needs in order to provide what they need rather than what is convenient. Develops and implements strategies and processes which improve customer relationships. Tries to get others to see things from the customer perspective. Acts as an advocate - takes the side of the customer in challenging existing standards of customer focus.
o Consistently shares newsworthy insights about the market, educating them on new issues and outcomes, and helping them avoid potential landmines.
o Embraces tension in commercial conversations.
o Always ties insights back to AVEVA’s unique strengths in the market.
• Relationship Management: Thinks and acts from the other person’s value and belief set. Prepared to bring sensitive issues into the open with objectivity and without bias or prejudice. Recognises different value sets and what motivates them, even in highly political situations. Uses a range of response tactics and deals with a variety of complex behaviours, values and motives.
o Engages in dialogue with customers, constructively creating tension to help the customer learn something new.
o Surprises the customer with insight.
o Delivers insight convincingly and with authority.
• Influencing Skills: Emphasises positive messages and benefits which win appeal to audience. Chooses and uses most appropriate arguments, not just the most obvious. Focuses on key benefits, including bottom line benefits to get the message across.
o Can identify key stakeholder(s), their objectives, and metrics.
o Can adjust language and messages to different stakeholders.
• Commercial Awareness: Uses a range of tactics and/or lines of arguments to persuade others. Asks for ideas to help build ownership. Anticipates likely objections and builds responses into arguments/approaches. Builds positive support with champions outside of meetings. Relishes the opportunity to shape the business.
o Develops a distinct strategy for engaging critical stakeholders.
o Consistently demonstrates an ability to link supplier capabilities to specific, individual stakeholder objectives.
o Is comfortable including stories or more qualitative aspects to a commercial conversation
• Negotiating Skills: Able to negotiate business with customers of high value or involving several levels of intervention Leads projects or teams, the success of which depends upon the individual’s ability to achieve negotiated settlements. Leads or is involved in formal negotiating arrangements with external organisations.
o Attempts to acknowledge and defer price-based conversations.
o Attempts to ensure customer properly understands value before discussing financial terms.
• Drive and Commitment: Has self-motivation as demonstrated in taking action before being asked or told. Seizes opportunities as they occur, and regularly does more than the minimum required. Remains unsatisfied by previous achievements.
o Assesses the customer’s readiness to proceed at each stage of the buying process.
o Sets clear next steps after each meeting.
o Attempts to understand customer motivations for delaying next steps.
AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software, driving digital transformation and sustainability. By connecting the power of information and artificial intelligence with human insight, AVEVA enables teams to use their data to unlock new value. We call this Performance Intelligence. AVEVA’s comprehensive portfolio enables more than 20,000 industrial enterprises to engineer smarter, operate better and drive sustainable efficiency. AVEVA supports customers through a trusted ecosystem that includes 5,500 partners and 5,700 certified developers around the world. The company is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with over 6,500 employees and 90 offices in over 40 countries.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business.
AVEVA is an equal opportunity employer and is an affirmative action employer. Adhering to our tenets, we are pathfinders, we are honest, and we respect people: our customers, partners, and especially our employees. We are committed to an inclusive workplace and accept applications without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.