The Team: As part of the Digital Platform and Enterprise Delivery Team, you will deliver the data feeds strategy with ground floor innovation through simplification and abstraction of complex data processes across the business. Digitizing Commodity Insights by focusing on Machine-to-Machine interaction, this cross-functional team provide APIs for raw data delivery, streaming ability for real time (Websocket), and bulk delivery for voluminous requests. We deliver content and analytics to internal platforms and directly to external consumers where, when and how it’s needed.The Impact: S&P Global Commodity Insights creates over 10,000 daily assessments used for 1,500+ cleared financial instruments that transact in excess of $10 billion every day. We stream over 20,000 bids, offers and trades a month from more than 450 of the top commodity trading companies globally. Furthermore we track 60,000 plus vessels live, create over 1,000 weekly reports, monitor nearly 90% of the world’s refineries and much, much more. In a nutshell, we have a lot of data.What’s in it for you:The role offers unrivalled exposure to the real time commodity markets, a unique perspective on how this data is valued across all walks of business, and the ability to shape and build the future of this data flow. As the cornerstone of analytics, exposure to knowledge graph and AI technologies gives the role tangible depth in real world application of this data.Responsibilities:
- Interact directly with clients to understand, define, iterate and evolve data delivery roadmaps and requirements as the commodity markets evolve
- Marshal approved product development projects through the definition, development, testing, and pre-launch phases
- Translate customer requirements into user stories and negotiate the implementation of product features with development teams while maintaining the overall vision and technical integrity of the product
- Define executable requirements, process flow diagrams, and acceptance test criteria for APIs, overseeing quality assurance and deployment
- Develop and deliver improvements for existing Machine to Machine product offerings and execute these by navigating change internally through the organization
- Undertake competitor research and build contacts in the industry in order to provide market intelligence and to benchmark products
- Insist on a consistent, scalable and sustainable structures across all delivery mediums preventing silo developments for individual downstream consumers
- Build a broad and effective internal network and engage stakeholders in order to facilitate development and delivery of products
- Ensure successful product launch by documenting new product features and enhancements, supporting the development of marketing content, and conducting internal training sessions
- Encourage a Self-Service approach by providing input into entitlement and making our products more approachable and easy to use
- Ensure progress transparency and health reporting to product managers and leadership
- Demo product enhancements to management and key stakeholders after each iteration to show how the team’s deliverables are contributing to the overall project and portfolio vision
- Work closely with our Commercial partners to understand the client needs and workflows, our competition, and be able to articulate the value proposition of our products internally and externally
- Plan and coordinate go-to-market activities with Marketing partners for products or product enhancements being launched.
- Conduct ongoing, in-depth research and analysis of each assigned product to gain an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, and competitive advantages of each product
- Conduct client calls to demonstrate how our products meet client workflow needs and address client pain points
- Act as a subject matter expert for the assigned product or service to facilitate product enhancements and level 3 support
- You thrive on ownership and accountability.
- Delivery of complex projects involving product rollouts, tangible outcomes and measurable success are common in your past.
- You are able to demonstrate experience of delivering successfully on scope, in time, and on budget.
- 3-5 years product experience at global FinTech, cloud or comparable data delivery or consumption company with client exposure
- Working knowledge of derivatives trading and the resulting client data expectations and requirements is critical
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs is a must, along with other data feed technologies like Websocket, FTP, and even cloud data warehousing products like Snowflake.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in technical or science major
- Experience with both Agile and Lean methodologies
- Strong experience in bringing products to market, including feasibility assessment and testing, negotiating development through a large, highly-matrixed organisation and delivering commercial results
- Advanced project management and PMO skill-set, able to move seamlessly between strategic and operational takes and balance complex and demanding work streams
- Customer-first mind-set with ability to understand and act on customer insight, generate new product and service offerings ideas based on customer interactions
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to link product design and features to strategic objectives while using data and metrics to substantiate assumptions and recommendations
- Diplomacy and tenacity when managing and communicating with stakeholders at all levels of business alongside a firm ability to assume positive intent
- Ability to analyse and scrutinize data using statistical techniques and providing reports/ facilitating decision-making.
- Strategic approach to problem resolution as well as the ability to develop and communicate a sound plan
- Experience in front office trade analysis/trade support/risk management capacity in global commodity trading organization OR experience at a commodities front office decision support/market data/analytics vendor is an added bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 276328
Posted On: 2022-08-08
Location: New York, New York, United States