Follow Raytheon Technologies To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly!
Country:United States of America
Location:VA543: 22270 Pacific Blvd, Dulles 22270 Pacific Boulevard Building CC5, Sterling, VA, 20166-6924 USA
Position Role Type:Unspecified
Raytheon Technologies is seeking an experienced and cleared System Engineer Expert in the Herndon, VA area.
The right candidate must maintain a thorough awareness of technical trends in information technology, develop and maintain a keen awareness of on-going IT projects, and business unit requirements; be able to apply the Sponsor’s project management model for development efforts; and provide analysis, design, development, deployment, and lifecycle support for innovative hardware/software/network systems and applications. Work involves developing and supporting end-to-end technical projects; ensure systems being developed comply with the enterprise technical architecture; help project and program teams prepare for project control gates; and keep senior management apprised of project or program status. Immediate response may be required to restore or maintain system functionality. The right Systems Engineer must possess Local Area Network (LAN) skills; the ability to build servers, understand certificate authorities and integrate customer systems into enterprise.
Qualifications and Required Skills
• Excellent background in Microsoft Systems Engineering and providing support to those systems
• Recent experience in Windows platform operating systems (Windows 10 and Server 2016-2019)
• Working knowledge of Windows Active Directory suite to include (DNS, DFS, ADCS, GPOs)
• Extensive knowledge of virtualization products with a focus on VMware vSphere, ESXi, and vRealize Operations
• Extensive knowledge of storage devices with a focus on Netapp with NAS protocols
• Proficiency in scripting languages with a focus on PowerShel
• Demonstrated performance as a Systems Engineer / Architect, developing or implementing information systems with a broad experience base across the entire project lifecycle
• Demonstrated capacity to understand and communicate technical ideas, concepts, and thoughts across multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions
• Technical Certifications: MCSE, VMware VCP-DCV, Netapp NCDA
• Working knowledge of Hyper-V
• Working knowledge CSFC technologies and methodologies
• Working knowledge of secure mobile platform management solutions
• Working knowledge of Thales HSM’s
• Working knowledge of PKI with a focus on CertAgent and Redhat Certificate Authorities
• Working knowledge of Aspera file transfer systems
• Current experience in the Sponsor’s classified and unclassified distributed work environment architectures and systems
• No OCONUS or CONUS travel anticipated, however subject to the customer needs
• Eight (8) years of direct relevant experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience
• Eight (8) years of experience can be considered in lieu of a degree for a total of eighteen (18) years of experience
Must have TS/SCI security clearance with Poly on day one of employment and must be eligible for crossover.
At Raytheon, the foundation of everything we do is rooted in our values and a higher calling – to help our nation and allies defend freedoms and deter aggression. We bring the strength of more than 100 years of experience and renowned engineering expertise to meet the needs of today’s mission and stay ahead of tomorrow’s threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms