The Surface development team is seeking a talented firmware development engineer to lead and drive SW/FW engineering efforts for next generation products.
Qualified candidates should have strong engineering development and technical leadership experience. They should have worked on consumer product development and have experience with releasing products to market. Job responsibilities will also require a strong technical focus on system software design and development, working with various levels of software and firmware developers and management, interacting across disciplines as well as working with external partners to deliver high quality products
1. B.S in Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum of 7 years of experience in software development for consumer products.
3. Experience leading the design and development of a product or significant product subsystem through multiple new consumer product releases.
4. Excellent C/C++ design and coding skills.
5. Experience with new hardware bring-up and factory manufacturing.
6. Experience and ability to ramp-up quickly on complex and unfamiliar code across various technology areas.
7. Experience in Microsoft Media Foundation, Audio Processing Objects, Codecs or Audio drivers.
1. Able to Debug across various environments and to quickly identify and resolve issues spanning multiple subsystems, owners and organizations.
2. Development and/or Architectural experience in areas such as system drivers and device drivers a strong plus.
3. Experience with various interfaces including SPI, USB, I2C, I2S, UART, MIPI are beneficial.
4. Experience in DSP algorithms are a big plus.
5. Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
6. Tolerance for ambiguity with an ability to make progress in the face of it.
7. Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple discipline and functions (Program Management, Test, Hardware etc)
8. Domestic and International travel may be necessary.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.