We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is growing rapidly and looking for a Director, FP&A to partner with our Vice President, Financial Strategy and Investor Relations to provide overall leadership to the team and plan, coordinate and manage the financial planning processes which includes priority setting and ensuring the timeliness, accuracy and integrity of financial plans and analysis of variance. This is a highly visible and key role in providing critical financial and strategic consultation to leaders across the organization. This position will design and drive financial planning processes; quarterly and annual budgets, rolling forecasts, and long-term planning. This role is also responsible for delivering analytics and business support to enable informed decision making by executive staff, as well as presentation materials to be shared with senior leaders and external audiences.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead Better’s long-range, quarterly, annual and monthly forecasting process, including the development of corporate targets and analysis of variances
- Establish and execute a robust budget and forecast process through working with key operators across the firm
- Continuously update, analyze and improve the financial model driving Better’s forecasts
- Build out dashboards and scalable reports to monitor and review business results and KPIs, including analysis of trends and variances to budgeted results
- Understand and highlight key performance indicators and drivers of change within the financial results and present findings across the firm
- Assist in the creation and review of presentations and financial analyses presented to senior management, board of directors and investors; participate in meetings and calls with these audiences
- Participate in cross-functional teams to evaluate strategic initiatives and associated financial impacts and help to incorporate into financial plans
- Create and enhance documentation of all FP&A processes and ensure the FP&A team has the appropriate tools and technology in place to support its mission
- Assist with ad-hoc analyses and strategic projects determined by the needs of executive team
- Engage with and build communication across teams
- You have 6+ years of professional experience in FP&A
- You have a high proficiency in financial analysis methods and concepts and strong ability to prepare forecasts and perform variance and other analyses
- You have strong financial modeling and presentation deck development skills
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- You are leadership minded, highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
- You are able to think creatively on a macro and micro level
- You are humble, highly driven and detail-oriented
- You are passionate about blending technology and finance
- Knowledge of SQL and Tableau is a plus
- BA / BS degree; major in finance, economics, accounting or mathematics preferred
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.