Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Do you see data or a better way to improve business and lives?
Today, there’s a business advantage hiding in plain sight, and you’ll find it in data. Our Data Engineers know how to use the latest technology to design, evaluate, debug and manage the data that leads to better decisions, a stronger company, and higher customer satisfaction. So, if you’re not intimidated by the data explosion, engineer your career here.
More than the data on what you’ll be doing.
There’s no end to the data that’s created every day and the opportunities you find here. But these are just some of your responsibilities:
- Expose the data story with tools like Tableau and Power BI. Must be skilled at not only the development and technical work but also be able to communicate what the data means and the insights it is exposing.
- Extensively develop and guide others in the BI tools space. Conduct trainings and be the light to show others what can be done with respect to their processes. Working with non-technical staff will be needed to ensure smooth onboarding of new ideas while working in collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Work in close partnership with other technical teams who are also developing enterprise level BI reporting.
- Work in collaboration with process/knowledge teams. Understanding requirements, designing and executing solutions will be part of your daily job where you will be required to showcase technical expertise in a group of technical and non-technical personnel
- Working in a global environment is required with a good understanding of cultural aspects, collaboration and communication is an important attribute needed for this role
- Work on data ingestion and from multiple shared database environments
- Support your greater team following agile methodology’s which will often require a change of focus as the work demands.
- Automate existing manual repetitive tasks to help uplifting current processes using tools which can be easily integrated (and scalable) in an enterprise environment. Showcase expertise in common automation tools like Blue Prism, SSIS, batch scripting editing, VBA knowledge (uplifts and maintenance), Alteryx etc.
- Work on integrating with and supporting application development on enterprise platforms such as Salesforce and Blockchain.
- 6+ years of data ingestion, automation and building end to end reporting with proper data security using Tableau, and Power BI is required.
- Strong expertise in database design, development and infrastructure with technologies like SSIS, PostgreSQL and SQL Server. Architecting, ingesting data, maintaining and publishing standards experience is also required.
- Must have excellent communication and influence skills. You will take lead in not only developing reports but also guiding and educating others along the way.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Hands on experience in integrating reports to multiple data sources owned and maintained by other stakeholder teams.
- Well conversant with version control capabilities like github, bitbucket and SVN
- Working knowledge with RPA tools like Blue Prism will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of working with process mapping and automation tools like Alteryx is desired
- Knowledge in working with Big Data Technologies/ Frameworks.
- Experience with designing algorithms and developing machine learning models from scratch is a plus for future vison work
- Experience in partnering with multiple teams and managing stakeholder expectations is required
- Creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to the problem
- Ability and comfort with working independently and making key decisions on a project
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate a message and present to stakeholders at all levels.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2019, 11:59:14 AM