Who We Are
Founded in 1989, Millennium is one of the largest and longest operating hedge funds in the industry with over $56 billion in assets under management. We allocate capital across more than 270 entrepreneurial portfolio managers that invest in a diverse set of strategies. Our goal is to help our global investors meet their investment objectives by achieving absolute returns with minimal risk over the long-term. We do this by empowering our portfolio managers through proprietary technology and resources at scale, to build a uniquely diversified investment platform.
A Career at Millennium
With more than 4,200 employees, our firm harnesses the entrepreneurial drive of our people. We seek to attract, develop and retain the best talent in the industry. We offer an opportunity to develop your career by working with a leadership team that has years of industry experience across a variety of disciplines. We encourage our team to work together in a collegial and collaborative team-based environment. We empower them to act like owners by making decisions based on a combination of rigorous analysis and an open, creative mindset. This enables us to continuously improve our day-to-day activities, and ultimately the firm as a whole.
Job Description: Accounting Analyst
- Hiring Department/Group: PM Compensation Reporting & Analysis
- Job Title: Accounting Analyst
- Office Location: New York, New York
Job Function Summary
The PM Compensation Reporting & Analysis team at Millennium is responsible for all compensation related accounting, reporting and analysis for the firm. This group collaborates with Portfolio Managers, Trading Management, Human Resources, and Legal on the reporting and analysis of compensation agreements. This role is responsible for preparing monthly and year-end payout calculations, reporting, analysis and various ad hoc requests. The role will include work on strategic projects to help increase efficiencies, and cross-functional collaboration with senior management and portfolio managers.
- Responsible for reviewing PM contracts and working on all aspects of Portfolio Manager Lifecycle from structuring of agreements, to onboarding, to portfolio manager compensation calculations.
- Interaction with various other departments including Portfolio Managers, Business Heads, HR, legal, middle office, IT
- Responsible for preparing month-end closing, reporting, and compensation-related processes
- Help implement reporting and analysis to senior management that adds value to overall business
- Ad-hoc projects as needed
- Finance or Accounting Role, (e.g. preferably public and/or private accounting background with hedge fund experience in compensation accounting)
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications with the ability to communicate with senior leaders including management and Portfolio Managers
- Proven ability to contribute in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks and handle time efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail with a dedication to accuracy, quality, and integrity
- Good teammate with a strong client service mentality, as well as a willingness to participate and help others
- Highly analytical with strong problem solving skills and the ability to balance multiple deadlines
- Strong Excel skills (including v-lookup and pivot tables); experience with Oracle would also be ideal
Millennium pays a total compensation package which includes a base salary, discretionary performance bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package. The estimated base salary for this position is $75,000, which is specific to New York and may change in the future. When finalizing an offer, we take into consideration an individual’s experience level and the qualifications they bring to the role to formulate a competitive total compensation package