As the Chief Planning & Orchestration officer for the subsidiary, the FP&A; Director owns and is accountable for executing the subsidiary's core finance processes. As the manager/functional lead of the Financial, M&O;, Investment, and community lead of the Stat & Tax Controllers, the FP&A; Controller is accountable for the end-to-end management of the P&L; and proper statutory and tax compliance. As the main Finance partner of the Subsidiary/Area M&O; Lead [and a key stakeholder of the Area VP], the FP&A; Director delivers crisp, timely and challenging business support for the success of the subsidiary and senior leadership team.
You have a growth and an owner mindset, act as an entrepreneur that focus on business impact, and continuously learn and innovate. You have a capability to actively contribute and build strong collaboration within diverse and virtual teams. You are action oriented and able to build and deliver strong results through others beyond the team as well.
You drive digital transformation in the finance function towards data driven (Machine Learning) forward-looking insights. You also engage directly with customers and business partners.
You simplify and inspire through storytelling and excellent communication skills.
Creating Clarity, Generating positive Energy & Delivering Success are the foundational Leadership Principles each and any of us embrace to maximize together work and impact.
Being a people manager, you build a high performing, diverse and talented finance team. You are focused on both the individuals as well as the team dimension to attract, develop and retain.
Microsoft values and ethical behavior are a corner stone in our culture.Responsibilities
- Manage Team of Financial Controllers, CSA Analysts, Investment Controller, Business Analysis Manager, Stat & Tax where applicable. Lead through change by ensuring and executing on the right hire, develop and retain strategies.
- Oversee Area revenue all up, area consolidation intelligence, area connection with WW ROBs
- Chief Planning & Orchestration officer (Budget, Forecast, Closing, QBU) to ensure seamless end to end flow. Drive standardization and simplification.
- Develop and monitor performance and productivity indicators, highlighting trends, analyzing variances.
- Articulating the subsidiary story through insights, KPIs, analytics. Proactive preparation of recommendations for CFO/GM on empowerment within the FOM. Partnership with CFO end to end acting and deputizing when required
- Controllership of Area-wide resources, P&L; governance and management. Ensures good allocation and management of local resources to drive growth and shareholder value.
- Enables CSA analytics to the area, performance measures, identify product trends and opportunities for the area. Leads Consumption forecast.
- Long-Range planning for the area, connect company-wide strategies to local characteristics
- Stat and Tax Community Lead for the Area
- Ensures accounting excellence and the closure/sign-off of management accounting books
- Enforces and enhances the Compliance framework
15+ years of experience in finance positions
Demonstrates leadership skills and decision-making ability.
Exceptional communication skills
Strong attention to detail
Strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity
Ability to influence, establish credibility, trust and partnership at all levels of the organization.
Presentation of results to senior management on a regular basis
Fluent in English
Accounting qualification & MBA Preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.