American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. We are looking for talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across digital, mobile, and social media. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class card member experiences. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
As Senior Software Engineer the successful candidate will play a lead role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with his/her peers, technology partners, and product owners to translate complex user stories into successful product releases.
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that leads user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications
- Responsible for the applications architecture, work/coordinate with other team’s architect, engineers and vendors as necessary
- Writing code and unit tests, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Quickly generate and updating proof of concepts for testing and team feedback
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals
- Experience with adaptive and responsive development techniques
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Tags: CFE-11160, CFE-12820, CFE-12801
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2019, 1:52:34 PM
We're a community of women leveraging our connections into top companies to help underrepresented women get the roles they've always deserved. Simultaneously, we work to build truly inclusive hiring processes and environments where women can thrive and not just survive.
Are you hiring? Join our platform for diversifiying your team