The Marketing and Communications team at Chainalysis is responsible for shaping and managing the Chainalysis story. Not only do we think creatively about how our products can help our clients solve important challenges in the emerging cryptocurrency space, we also dig into our data to tell stories about market trends and unique insights.
Indeed, our company objective is to know the most about what happens on blockchains. We do this by organizing the world’s blockchain data and making it accessible and useful to our customers. We are looking for a Editor in Chief who loves digging into data, gleaning novel insights, and weaving them into compelling stories. This data-driven content is critical not only to how we communicate with our clients and prospects, but also why journalists, academics, and other industry leaders rely on our insights to better understand the growing cryptocurrency industry.
In addition to producing this content, the Editor in Chief will be responsible for developing other sales and product-driven content, sharing content on the channels our audiences use, driving them to our digital properties, and measuring the results of these activities. This position will be based out of New York City.
If you’re excited about owning critical functions of our marketing department-- content development and oversight of our digital properties-- and passionate about changing perceptions and building trust in new technologies, this might be the job for you.
- Develop and implement an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet business objectives
- Work with the Economic Research team to identify areas for data analysis and produce proprietary content that supports the business
- Drive traffic, engagement, and leads that deliver sales and increase customer retention
- Write content blogs, newsletters, social media posts, and other editorial content consistent with our brand voice, style, and tone
- Edit and proofread content produced by other marketing team members
- Collaborate with designers to develop engaging infographics and graphics to enhance written pieces
- Manage digital content hubs and all supporting social channels including email/newsletter distribution
- Understand best practices needed to amplify and measure our content, including SEO, conversion-rate optimization, distribution, measurement, and reporting
- Manage copywriting agency personnel and freelancers when additional resources are needed
- 5+ years’ of in-house content marketing or editorial writing experience, preferably working with complex B2B products and services with multiple audiences
- BA/BS preferred in Journalism, English, Communications, or relevant field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
- Experience with publishing through popular Content Management Systems is preferred (e.g. WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Drupal, etc.)
- Editorial mindset that seeks to anticipate what content our audiences want to consume
- Exceptional attention to detail, deadlines, and KPIs and the ability to keep track of and manage multiple projects at once
- Self-starter and ability to work independently, but unafraid to ask for help when needed
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency industry a plus!
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability and experience. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. We can’t wait to meet you.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries, stock options for senior roles, medical, dental and vision - which cover domestic partners as well - plus life and disability coverage, 20 vacation days, and a 401K plan. Chainalysists also get to participate in our annual Huddle, a three day long destination event that promotes team-building, professional development, and fun! In the office, you’ll receive a Mac or PC of your choice and a fully stocked kitchen.