Systems Engineer – Federal System Integrator (Boston/Hopkinton MA)
Michael Dell was famously quoted, “When you stand at the center of technology, you stand at the center of human progress; and there’s no place I’d rather be.” If this vision motivates you, and you have skills, experience and passion around helping execute business outcomes, we’re searching for people like you.
At Dell Technologies we service customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to the core to cloud.
As a Systems Engineer in Dell EMC Federal, you are committed to the mission of achieving the Technical Win. You will provide technical leadership and direction to customers and internal staff in the development of fully integrated technology solutions in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market. The Systems Engineer always maintains a technical emphasis on hardware and software capabilities that enable our systems integration to position innovative solutions that span the entire data center including compute, networking, storage, virtualization, management/ orchestration and security.
- Pre-sales engineers make technical and sales presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management.
- Understands Dell EMC and competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market.
- Engages product specialists as needed.
- Assists in the development of responses to RFPs as required.
- Conducts research, answers questions and removes objections that arise in a sales campaign.
- Serves as a trusted technology advisor to customers and serves as an internal resource on technical issues or specific business applications within an assigned market segment.
Applicable markets: US Federal agencies, top Federal Systems Integrators and leading Federal Resellers with a global coverage model.
- Works with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account technical roadmaps for solutions, products and services
- Maintains knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to Dell EMC solutions, and train the account team
- Anticipates technology and/or market trends and provides guidance on their application to external customers and feedback of business requirements back into Dell EMC's engineering and marketing organizations
- Successfully builds relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Lead technical sales calls- Configures and documents Dell EMC software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer’s requirements. Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately
- Assumes leadership role in District Sales and Services Leadership Meetings. Presents and markets the design and value of proposed Dell EMC solution and business case to customers, prospects and Dell EMC management.
- Participates in mentorship of more junior pre-sales engineers.
- Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge.
- Detailed knowledge of applications and workloads in assigned territory desired.
- Dell EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain a Federal security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree (Technical Field)
- 7 – 10 years’ relevant experience
- Detailed industry specific product knowledge
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn new technologies
- Strong customer facing soft skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with senior management
- Ability to effectively lead and operate in a matrix environment
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.