Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about solving technical problems and enabling customers along with extensive experience working with Linux and open-source environments. Someone who has a strong desire to support our customers with an emphasis on fixing it once for all.
We are looking for a Developer Support Engineer to join our Developer Support Core team. Reporting to the Manager of Support for Core, you’ll be responsible for connecting customers from around the world with the resources needed to enable them to fully utilize our platform and advocating for their needs.
As a Developer Support Engineer focused on providing exceptional support for our Core (Compute, Storage, and Network) offering, and through engagement and collaboration with our Core, Product, and Engineering teams, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with and directly impact each customers' experience and journey on our platform.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Responding to a high volume of technical tickets generated by our customers in a timely manner
- Troubleshooting common Linux issues (CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian), application stacks (LAMP, LEMP) and applications (WordPress, Ghost)
- Providing exceptional support for a growing number of products (Droplets, Load Balancers, Block Storage, Spaces)
- Working both collaboratively and independently with our support, product, and engineering teams
- Identifying, communicating, and documenting process and policy improvements
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Successful track record in providing exceptional support to tech-savvy customers
- Unrivaled passion for customer advocacy and technology
- Strongly identify with our products, brand, and team culture
- Strong analytical and pattern recognition skills
- Bonus: Programming/Scripting languages (Bash, PHP, Go, Python, NodeJS)
- Bonus: Configuration Management (Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet)
- Bonus: Virtualization (KVM, Xen)
- Bonus: Knowledge of, and contribution to Open Source projects
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses-paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Customer Support
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!
fair pay, recognition,
respect and yoga pants.
Sign up for our weekly remote work round-up newsletter and have new openings from companies that care delivered right to your inbox.