If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.Software Development Engineer III FullstackBrand Specific Description:Expedia Group leverages platform and technology capabilities across an extensive portfolio of businesses and brands to orchestrate the movement of people and the delivery of travel experiences on both a local and global basis.We are hiring across brands
- Brand Expedia
- Expedia Cruises
- Expedia Global Payments
- Checkout Platform
- Platform Architecture
- Data, Platform and Infrastructure
- People Technology
- Conversation Platform and Customer Engagement
Position Overview: Do you love building intelligent, Scalable systems using diverse set of state-of-the-art technologies? Want to join a team that has a phenomenal reputation and focus towards customer centricity ? We are hiring motivated SDIII's to be part of our various team. You would be an important part of a growing team developing the real-time platform to improve our customer experience across millions of traveller’s to enjoy their perfect trip.What You Will Do:
- Design and ship great user experiences.
- Write easy to maintain products and systems with reliable unit/functional tests and tracking (analytics, logging and qualitative feedback).
- Optimize for speed taking into account the rendering engines in each browser and native device.
- Respect the craft - review the code of your peers and help ensure the product and systems remain at a high standard and support global scale.
- Contribute to documentation (instructional and technical design, architecture etc).
- Team up with peers across the organization to build an understanding of cross dependencies and shared problem solving.
- Participate in a community of practice to share and gain knowledge.
- Share new skills and knowledge with team to increase effectiveness.
- Coordinate bringing together different stakeholders with varied perspectives to develop solutions to issues and contributes own suggestions.
- Spot areas of inefficiency in code or systems operation and offer suggestions for improvements.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and front-end technologies.
- Bachelor's degree or Masters in a related technical field; or Equivalent related professional experience.
- Strong technical background with 5+ years of relevant experience in technical development.
- Experience/Knowledge Typescript, Jest.
- Experience/Knowledge with building and deploying web services and web application on AWS platform is preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely.
- Prior experience as a Software Engineer mentoring junior engineers and applying new engineering principles to improve existing systems including leading complex, well defined projects.
- A bias towards action - You believe that speed and quality aren’t mutually exclusive. You’ve shown good judgment about getting features to customers while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, adaptive and responsible way.
- The grit to try and try again - You are willing to iteratively work at solving a problem, because you deeply care about customers, and you are open to a continuous feedback loop.
- Love the journey - You will be dissatisfied with the end result at some point. Our work is never done and to thrive you learn to love the process of thinking, doing, learning, and improving and you are open to a continuous feedback loop.
- Done is better than perfect - Nothing is ever perfect. All of our customers are different with unique needs. We ship. We learn. We improve.
- Respect the craft - To make anything is to try to add something meaningful to the world whether it is just for you or for many other people. Why do anything unless you will try to do it really well. We are the gatekeepers of quality.
- A passion for the journey to mastery.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.