United States of America
RI201: 127 John Clarke Road Middletwn 127 John Clarke Road Suite 3, Middletown, RI, 02842 USA
Position Role Type:
Are you interested in solving real-world problems? Are you interested in playing a significant role in our nation’s security? Do you enjoy working in a culture that emphasizes innovation, teamwork, and technical excellence in a collegial work environment that values creativity and initiative? If so, we'd like to hear from you.
Who we are!
For more than 70 years, scientists and engineers in diverse disciplines at Raytheon BBN Technologies have collaborated to solve real-world problems through research, exploration, development and prototyping. We partner with the best technical talent in academia and industry to challenge the status quo, pioneer new technologies, and create transformative solutions.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our Physical Sciences & Systems business unit located a stone’s throw from seaside Newport, Rhode Island. We are looking for world class contributors to join our team solving problems that are both technically challenging and cutting-edge. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to Linux software development on a server based real-time platform, integrating with custom hardware, driver development, and multi-threaded programming. The ideal candidate is comfortable learning new technologies and thrives working in a multi-disciplinary capacity.
What will you do?
- Develop software for deployed DoD Linux systems both low level and real-time software and application specific support services; such as logging, gui, networking, and performance monitoring
- Develop driver software and interface specifications for external recorders, sensors, and network interfaces
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team testing your contributions and analyzing performance
- Create and integrate components into a larger system.
What will you gain?
- Involvement in the technical components of solving our customer’s most complex problems
- Work with world class researchers and engineers who embrace innovation and challenge the status quo
- Be part of a team that plays a significant role in the security of our nation
- Opportunity to leverage your analytical and troubleshooting skills
What will you need?
- Master's degree in Computer Science, or relevant discipline
- Experience developing software in and for a Linux environment
- Proficiency using C/C++
- Position may require some amount of overnight travel
- Willingness to apply for and be granted a US Government security clearance
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME:
- Agile software development skills and familiarity with Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence or similar CI/CD workflows.
- Previous experience in design, implementation, debug, and test a plus
- Active/current US Government/DoD Secret clearance or higher.
Raytheon BBN is proud to offer a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, and competitive benefits package. In addition to protecting your and your family’s health and well-being, we also offer important financial and family friendly benefits to meet your needs.
Relocation Eligible - Yes
ERIP Eligible: No
Requires theoretical to advanced knowledge of work area typically obtained through University Degree combined with experience. Practical knowledge of RTX projects, programs
or systems with the ability to make enhancements and leverage in daily work.
Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics(STEM) and a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms