Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Diesel Technician to join our team specializing in Sales and Service for our Distribution Segment.
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Complete troubleshooting, repairs and rebuilds on engine products and other customer equipment in a service shop.
- Perform preventative maintenance based on assessment of engines, including utilizing computers/software in the process of diagnostic work.
- Apply documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools.
- Completing required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Ongoing training and additional certifications on new and existing Cummins products.
- Adhere to all our relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor.
Qualifications - External
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- (Entry) Technician Level I: Limited relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on a minimal number of products in-scope a for diesel technician at this location; primarily engaged in maintenance or basic repairs/diagnostics; requires direct supervision and review of workmanship quality.
- (Intermediate) Technician Level II: Some relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on an intermediate number of products in-scope for a diesel technician at this location; primarily engaged in moderately complex maintenance and repair; some exposure to moderate or complex diagnostics, requires limited direct supervision, may provide basic training or guidance to new technicians.
- (Advanced) Technician Level III: Significant relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on most or all of products in-scope for a technician at this location; frequently engaged in complex diagnosis and repair; requires minimal to no supervision; ability to effectively train and guide less experienced technicians of varying skillsets.
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred). Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Locally valid driving permit (Preferred)
- Intermediate level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our Company Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and we strive to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
The successful candidate will be subject to our Pre-Employment Background Screening process that consists of a Criminal Background Check