Autodesk makes the software and tools that help people imagine, design, and make a better world. If you've ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you've experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with their software. Autodesk offers their employees benefits like:
Job Requisition ID #
Within the HCI and Visualization research group, you and your mentor(s) will arrive at a mutually agreed upon research project in the area of human-computer interaction or data visualization. Over the course of the internship, you will drive that project forward with guidance from your mentor(s), including implementation, experimental validation, data analysis, etc. Specific areas of interest for research projects include: Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Information Visualization, Software Learning, Future of Work, Generative Design Tools, Interactive Fabrication, and User Interfaces for AI or Machine Learning Systems.
Responsibilities for the project may include:
- Support the research and design efforts by developing software prototypes
- Conduct literature reviews
- Gather requirements and issues to explore and design
- Develop algorithms
- Build prototypes to test and explore concepts
- Conduct formal controlled psychological experiments to test research ideas and hypotheses.
- Measure human performance and cognition limitations related to interaction with technology.
- Conduct usability studies, ethnographic studies, heuristic evaluations, task analyses, structured interviews and surveys.
- Evaluate research findings and prototypes to make recommendations for impacting business and products.
- Explore new prototyping frameworks and technologies
- Author a full research paper
- Produce an accompanying research video
- Present the results of your research externally and internally
- Currently enrolled in an MSc or PhD program in Computer Science or related field, with a specialization in Human-Computer Interaction, with at least one academic term to complete post internship
- Demonstrated expertise in the area of interactive technologies, with peer-reviewed publications on the topic in international venues
- Experience with web development and frameworks
- Experience interfacing with unique hardware modules
- Experience developing software in a Windows environment
- Experience with programming 3D graphics, Unity, Unreal Engine
- Experimental design and data analysis
- Rapid prototyping
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team; ability to work with minimum supervision, self-driven
- Ability to deal with requirements from multiple sources and find solutions and deal with conflicts and compromises in a diplomatic manner
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with other product teams
- Ability to write clear, concise, correct technical material
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.