Location:Goodrich Control Systems, Motor Drives, Fore 3, Fore Business Park, Stratford Road, Solihull, B90 4SS
Position Role Type:Unspecified
As a global aerospace company at the forefront of technology development for aircraft electrification and electric propulsion systems the Electronics Controls and Motor Systems (ECMS) business unit is looking for an electronics design engineer, with experience in analogue and digital design.
We are seeking experienced, talented, and enthusiastic electronics design engineers.
If your background is in automotive, telecoms, rail, medical, different areas of aerospace or other safety critical industry you are invited to apply.
Successful candidates will benefit from working with a dynamic multifunctional team, as well as having access to a world-class internal training and education programme, developed by subject matter and technical experts within the company globally.
Successful candidates will form part of an employee culture which actively promotes health and well-being, diversity, and inclusion.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ability to design low power analogue and digital electronic circuits.
- Demonstratable experience of designing precision analogue and digital signal conditioning electronics, such as LVDT interfaces, Resolver excitation/conditioning, Instrumentation Amplifiers, Temperature and Pressure Sensors, Solenoids & other PWM circuits and SMPUs.
- Good experience of circuit simulation techniques using simulation tools e.g. LT-Spice, SiMetrix, Saber, Tina, Mathcad, MATLAB, Simulink etc.
- Good experience of schematic entry and PCB design tools e.g. Mentor Graphics, Cadence, Altium or similar.
- Good understanding and experience of PCB layout methodology for precision mixed signal circuitry.
- Experience of circuit design verification and generation of test specification and reports.
- Good technical authoring skills.
- Demonstrable Time Management skills.
- Good team working capability.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
The favourable candidate should have some of the additional qualities/skills stated below:
- Design for EMC compliance.
- Experience of designing for communication protocols, for example CAN, ARINC & AFDX.
- DFM, DFT & designing to cost.
- An understanding of BLDC and motor drive technology.
- Knowledge of programming languages i.e., VHDL, Python and C is not essential but advantageous.
- Knowledge of DO-160 / ARP4754 and designing to D0-254/EUROCAE ED-80.
- Design for operation over extended temperature ranges, -55°C to 125°C.
- Experience of embedded controller electronic design using FPGA/Processor/Micro-Controllers.
- Experience of design analysis for embedded controller hardware development.
- Experience of de-bugging embedded controller hardware.
- Cost and time estimation.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms