Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at DASSAULT SYSTEMES, we empower people with passion to change the world. Let us open new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universe!
We offer training and development to help you achieve your goals as an Technical Customer Support Engineer- MFG, Accounting
Our User Assistance Engineering (Manufacturing) team has an immediate opening for a User Assistance Engineer in Paso Robles, CA, Long Beach CA, Waltham MA, Johnston RI, Woodland Hills, CA, San Diego, CA, and Schaumburg, Illinois, #WeAre3DS
- DELMIAWorks Means Manufacturing. Our award winning software was born on the shop floor and has been evolving for over 30 years to become a leader in MES and ERP software for manufacturers. We leverage our experience with manufacturing to make internationally renowned software that solves complex problems for our customers.
- Our software helps run almost all aspects of a manufacturing business. From quoting to shipping, accounting to inventory, to communicating with manufacturing machines, we enable our customers to effectively and efficiently run their business via our desktop, mobile, and web- based software.
- A User Success Engineer comes in each day and provides phone, email, and chat technical support to customers in their use of the DELMIAWorks modules.
- Support includes user education, bug reporting, suggestions on how to utilize the software, and back end data analysis/troubleshooting.
- Independently perform back end analysis of issues being reported, while using their expertise, experience and judgment on matters that have great financial impact to our customers, which in turn can impact DELMIAWorks bottom line.
- In your day-to-day you will:
- Reading/understanding source code and utilizing software knowledge/experience, to confirm whether root cause of an issue is a bug in the software or a data related problem.
- When a bug is determined, duplicates issue after identifying root cause, then tests bug through multiple versions and creates a bug write up for Dev.
- When the issue is data related, develops a plan of action to deliver to the customer to correct the issue through use of front end software, back end data dictionary and metadata tools, or through developing custom scripts or reports.
- Stay calm and composed in stress inducing situations
- Writes KMS Articles:
- For article writing, techs are responsible to utilize their own knowledge of the software, industry best practices, and professional experience in areas of manufacturing and finance.
- Build out content through creative thinking to derive steps and solutions to document in these articles that cover topics that are not included in other help files and documentation.
- Applying knowledge of Manufacturing software and its functions when working in support of customer’s needs/issues
- Assists peers with their caseload either through mentoring on topics they are more familiar with, or through brainstorming ideas.
- Works through self-directed continued education on advanced topics, as well as new modules and features.
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineer, Mathematics, or related field preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver under pressure
- Highly self-motivated, positive attitude with a high level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn and incorporate coaching and instructions into daily tasks and assignments
- Comfortable with working across regions and cultures
- Strong oral and written communication skills is required
- English proficiency is required
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing and Distribution principles and systems
- Experience with Bills of Material, Work Orders, and Material Requirements Planning is preferred
- Experience with manufacturing and business principles and systems- is preferred
- A solid understanding of Windows' desktop applications- is preferred
Compensation for the role will be commensurate with experience. The total expected compensation range will be between $45,000-$65,000, representing the base salary (or annualized salary based on estimated hourly compensation) and target bonus.