Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in Electronic Design Automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
We are seeking a highly motivated and customer-focused engineer to be both the technical driver of pre-sales customer engagements and provider of post-sales technical assistance for our Tessent Embedded Analytics products.
The successful candidate will work closely with the sales team to help identify and understand customers’ technical needs & challenges, provide technical presentations and demonstrations as well as supporting product evaluations.
The role enables the development of close relationships with customers through post-sales support and program management and requires regular interaction with the internal product management team to influence product development and evolution.
~20% Travel will be required (post Covid-19 restrictions).
- Assist Account Managers to determine sales execution strategy based on customers’ technical requirements
- Provide technical presentations and demonstrations to convey the benefits and solutions addressed by the technology to prospective customers
- Drive technical customer engagements, including creating, supporting and winning of evaluations leading to business win
- Provide technical leadership and program management for assigned accounts
- Provide technical support to customers in both pre-sales and post-sales situations including technical problem resolution and training
- Develop close relationships with customers through as many levels as possible, to be able to assess their technical and business requirements
- Work with the Product Management team to articulate your customers’ technical needs and requirements
- Other reasonable actions as required by management or leadership.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience as an Applications Engineer or related field
- 5+ years of experience of digital IC/FPGA design from RTL to gate-level (Verilog/VHDL)
- Good understanding of SoC architectures and methodologies
- Effective presentation skills
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate at all levels, both internally and with the customer
- Self-starter with initiative and capable of managing their own work
- Good organizational skills and ability to work on multiple concurrent tasks
- Good problem solving skills
Desirable Additional skills (not mandatory)
- Python coding
- Experience with debugging embedded software with
- Experience in (and understanding of) verification techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of modern CPU architectures
- Familiarity with the sales cycle
- Remote Ok
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.