Siemens Mobility, Inc. Rolling Stock is seeking a professional Commercial Project Manager with a proven track record of being a key commercial support to the project team of complex projects. The Commercial Project Manager will be responsible for the execution of Light Rail projects of circa $130M+ in value and durations from 3-5 years. Together with the Project Manager, the Commercial Project Manager is responsible for the project execution during all project phases including planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning, customer acceptance, and warranty, with focus on financial topics. Duties include liaising with operational departments to ensure financial targets are achieved, while meeting goals for customer satisfaction, schedule and quality. Another important aspect of the job is maintaining tight cost control and provide accurate and timely information to make key decisions regarding the project financials. The Commercial Project Manager is responsible for all financial aspects of the project and reports into the Director, Finance & Business Administration of the Light Rail business.Responsibilities
- Manage financial results according to set targets and with due professional care; optimize project gross profit, cash flow, assets and financing instruments.
- Manage all commercial aspects of the project, including financial planning, cost controlling, invoicing and payment collection, business models, financing concepts, currency hedging, risks and opportunities, contract analysis, etc.
- Ensure compliance with the contract documents; identify and pursue claims in cooperation with the assigned contract manager.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems, and initiate the development of contingency plans / risk mitigation measures.
- Monitor and control project scope, schedule, budget, risks/opportunities and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with the extended Project Team.
- Support the development and delivery of monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and preparation of presentations to management and customers.
- Monitor revenue recognition: actual vs plan, degree of completion, cost to complete, total forecasted costs vs planned
- Ensure accuracy of project books and records, including recording in the appropriate systems, e.g. SAP - ensure compliance with Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines plus local GAAP requirements. Ensure all related Project Reporting and Controlling activities.
- Bachelor degree or higher in accounting/finance
- 3+ years of successful Project Management experience
- Detailed reporting and controlling experience including P&L responsibility for assigned projects, balance sheet, cash-flow
- Comprehensive experience in controlling and accounting, contracts and claims management, and supply chain management in a factory environment
- Experience working on project/product teams supporting multiple projects/products and project managers
- Experience managing direct or indirect employees in a cross-functional, matrix organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
- MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Project Management Certification preferred
- Experience in rail industry
This job is based in Sacramento, CA. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, CA is $102,525 - $170,875 and the annual incentive target is 10% of the base salary.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.