Who You Are:
You are a security-focused consultant with a minimum of (5) five years of security engineering experience and a passion for fostering long-term customer relationships from solutions design through to delivery!
You love sharing your expertise with others and possess a broad knowledge of multiple security domains spanning: Network and Perimeter Security, Identity Access Management, Endpoint Security, Incident Response, DevSecOps, Compliance, and Cloud Security.
Your expertise is supported by professional-level certifications and hands-on experience architecting and delivering security solutions with partner technologies such as Palo Alto, Cisco, Fortinet, Juniper, Proofpoint, CyberArk, Netskope, CrowdStrike, Okta, and many other leading enterprise security vendors.
About The Role:
Myriad360’s Solutions Architecture & Engineering team solves client needs by assessing requirements, identifying solutions, working with internal account management teams, and engaging our technology partners to provide complete, turn-key solutions including products, integration services, field services, and managed services.
At its core, the Consulting Security Architect is accountable for uncovering, designing, and implementing security solutions that meet client requirements in collaboration with account executives, solutions architects, and professional services engineers.
Other responsibilities include:
- Attend client meetings and identify client business and technical requirements; evolving client understanding of products and services
- Prepare solutions proposals to include products and consulting services for implementation, effectively balancing value propositions between Myriad360 and the client
- Develop technical design and reference architectures that ensure client data is protected and work with the engineering team to implement them
- Lead POC with rigorous benchmarks on security technology innovations and adoptions
- Plan, design, and architect on-prem and cloud security components; review the current state architecture looking for design flaws and advocate for stronger security control
- Engage in continuous learning on new technologies and products, including R&D, and lab work
- Partner with the sales team to identify security opportunities within existing accounts
- Complete ongoing security awareness training and comply with company policies to the requirements section
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with network, application, and infrastructure security solutions
- Deep knowledge of security frameworks e.g. MITRE ATT&CK, CIA triad, ISO 27001, CIS Top 20, NIST CSF, NIST 800-53, etc.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in security and network engineering and architecture
- Client relationship management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication, technical writing, and diagramming skills
- An aptitude for leading client conversations
- Knowledge of multi-vendor environments and the challenges therein
- Specific knowledge of mainly Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Proofpoint, AWS, MS Azure, Netskope, Zscaler, CrowdStrike, Orca, Lacework, CyberArk, etc.
- Operational experience in networking environments
- Advanced time, expectation, and knowledge management skills
- Strong foundation in security domains such as web security, cloud services security, identity/access management, web application firewalls, intrusion detection, and static analysis and dynamic application security testing
- Solid understanding of Web Application n-tier architectures, design, and secure coding practices
- Security fundamentals with a solid understanding of threats, vulnerabilities, defenses, security principles, and policies
- Strong knowledge of security vulnerabilities and remediation documented by organizations like OWASP, SANS, etc.
- Must be based in the United States
- Knowledge of the security ecosystem including areas such as Governance, Network and Perimeter Security, EDR/MDR, Identity and Access Management, email security, SIEM, IDS/IPS, Cloud Security
- Experience with penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, and web application security assessments
- Knowledge of WAF products (e.g. Cloudflare, Imperva, F5)
- Expertise with Rapid7 or Tenable vulnerability management and exploitation products
- Knowledge of patch management solutions and other systems security management solutions
- Knowledge of PowerShell and Windows systems management
- Deep knowledge of TCP, UDP, and multicast
- Basic knowledge of routing protocol and infrastructure security
- Experience at other VARs or OEMs
- Knowledge of current-generation networking solution stacks, including MC-LAG, 802.1X, EVPN, VXLAN, MACSec, SDN
- Multi-vendor knowledge around network security products (e.g. firewalls, SSL VPN, zero trust) and related solution set
- Deep OEM knowledge in Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, Lacework, Okta, Microsoft
- Basic knowledge of systems languages (interpreted or compiled) such as Python, C, Go, Ruby, Perl
- Some SRE knowledge and/or network automation knowledge is highly desired, specifically knowledge of Redis, Storm, Kafka, Ansible, Saltstack
- Some knowledge of storage, compute, and virtualization
- Knowledge of common networking requirements trees by clients
A Little About Us
Our mission is to challenge and enable our employees to achieve great things.
We live and breathe our core values:
- We Before Me: We demonstrate empathy through our actions and solicit diverse voices and opinions. We put ourselves in each other’s shoes, readily admit our mistakes, and generously share our time and knowledge.
- Dare To Be Great: We are big-picture thinkers who focus on solutions to problems. We solicit and offer actionable feedback to others without hesitation. We embrace opportunities to improve ourselves, our teams, and our work. We aim to be the best of the best.
- Own It: We set clear expectations, communicate proactively, and follow through on our commitments. We take pride in the experiences we create and the outcomes we deliver. We are personally invested in the success of our team and our clients. We iterate to deliver ever better results.
We are consistently listed among Inc & Crain's "Best Places to Work" and we're proud of our accessible & engaged executive team. We believe in cultivating an atmosphere of inclusion and providing an environment that enables every employee to work to the best of their ability.
Some of Our Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company-funded 401k contributions
- 100% employer covered individual & family health insurance plans provided
- Transparent, candid culture with 1:1 coaching, performance reviews, and a consistent feedback loop
- Team-building events
- Quirky, diverse, respectful, high-performing coworkers you’ll want to achieve greatness with!
Myriad360 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to the NYC Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range in New York City for this position is $155,000 - 165,000, plus opportunities for profit-sharing bonus and/or commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.