S&P; Global Data, Technology & Innovation (DTI) team is a creative team of experts collaborating across divisions and driving continuous improvements in platform innovation and usability.
We are looking for a highly motivated Cloud Engineer to join our Platforms & Operations Engineering team supporting Container Platform as part of our DevOps transition. The Container platform is built using latest technologies such as Docker Enterprise and Kubernetes and is hosted in our on-premises data centers as well as in the cloud. You would help accelerate our growth as part of SOA team within Platforms & Operations Engineering organization. This is an excellent opportunity to join S&P; Global as we transform our infrastructure and move into the cloud, while also developing your skills and furthering your career as we plan to power the markets of the future.
S&P; Global – Cloud Engineer (Container Platform)
The ideal candidate will:
• Enjoy working with financial services technologists and partners. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for a diverse and challenging set of customers and partners.
• Have a strong understanding of large-scale cloud computing solutions including setting up and configuring Container platform.
• Have past experience working with Docker and Kubernetes or related cloud technologies.
• Have excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
• Have ability to present solution of complex problems to technical and non-technical audience.
• Have passion to learn new technologies and grow with team.
Tasks and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Work together with various domestic and overseas teams across the organization to ensure that the SOA & Docker & Kubernetes based Container Platform is reliable, operational, performant, and meets business requirements as well as committed SLA.
• Setup, configure and monitor Container platform and conduct routine maintenance work for smooth operation with guaranteed uptime.
• Onboard applications to the platform as and when needed with high priority.
• Assist various DEV and QA teams during their development and testing following the guidelines provided.
• Work closely with supervisor/manager in day-to-day operation activities.
• Conduct and/or assist in conducting regular capacity analysis and POCs.
• Develop and maintain the platform automation tools, dashboard and utilities (Java and .NET C#).
• Provide support for Production, DR and lower environments making sure platform is stable and highly available.
Required Qualification, Skills and Experience:
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or in equivalent discipline is required.
• Minimum 2-5 years of relevant work experience managing platform and/or infrastructure.
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience in any industry leading container platform such as Docker Enterprise or Kubernetes is required.
• Proficient with modern DevOps tools including Jenkins and Azure DevOps (VSTS) based CI/CD pipelines.
• Hands-on knowledge or experience of AWS is a plus.
• Understand well the SOA constructs and tools – i.e. XML, WSDL, WADL, JSON, Web Services, RESTful services, SOAP, etc.
• Understands well PaaS concepts and SOA including Service abstraction, System Integration, Reusable Designs, etc.
• Some knowledge in managing and administrating Container platform and Application Servers / Appliance such as WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, Nginx etc.
• Strong experience on application deployment and monitoring. Experience with Prometheus or similar tools is preferable.
• Good hands-on experience with Linux/Unix and Windows OS.
• Have experience on production support and managing/administrating platforms or orchestration of Container platform;
• Experience in Java and C# development especially with focus on the server-side programming using containerization is desirable.
• Excellent communication (written & verbal) and collaboration skills;
• Detail-oriented and a good team player;
• Willing to work providing support coverage for extended hours on rotation basis;
• Willing to learn new technology and acquire new skills.