*Resume required - if no resume provided, you will not be considered for an interview*
We are Siemens Mobility - We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional, and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are innovative and efficient while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources.
Our manufacturing facility in Louisville, KY seeks to hire multiple Assemblers to piece together parts for rail signaling and communications equipment. Hours are 7:00am-3:30pm, Monday-Friday.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Connecting wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
- Make electrical wire terminations - cut wire to specified lengths and routes, combs, twists, wraps, ties, and attaches wire to terminal points.
- Disassembles, modifies, reworks, refurbishes, reassembles as the need arises.
- Performs incoming, raw material, and final manufacturing inspection and audits of quality control programs
- Working from production blueprints, wiring diagrams, parts lists, wire lists, sketches, bills of materials, and verbal instructions to produce electrical or Electro-Mechanical sub-assemblies
- Frequently required to use fine motor skills, assembling some small parts with excellent dexterity.
- Ability to sit or stand at a workstation for extended periods and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Use hand and power shop tools. Certification of some tools and equipment may be required, such as crane and forklift operations.
- Interact with and display professional conduct with customers and coworkers
- Meet internal Company standards for quality and workmanship.
- Perform 5S activities and maintain equipment in accurate working order, and improve work area cleanliness
- Perform work safely and healthily ensuring deviations to standard work instructions that will lead to quality, efficiency, or safety problems are immediately identified.
- May be required to work overtime, weekends, and different shifts as vital to meet business-critical requirements.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Cross-training will be required to cover business needs.
Why Siemens Mobility?
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Manufacturing Assembler, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base rate for this position in Louisville, Kentucky is $17.00/hr.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.