Cyber Data Risk Manager
Are you a leader who is passionate about working with data? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Our clients are large, complex organizations that constantly evolve and innovate to build better products and services to serve their customers and constituents in new ways. In the process, they are challenged with increasingly sophisticated cyber threats, data risks and compliance requirements. The work we do to help them identify, assess, and address cyber and data risks is increasingly important to their success in a digital world.
Work you’ll do
As a Manager in Cyber Data Risk, you will lead diverse teams of professionals to help assess, design and implement solutions for some of today’s toughest data risk challenges. You’ll build on your foundations in information technology, data structures and business to design and implement business-aligned cyber and data risk management programs, processes, and systems that help clients focus their investments on key information technology risks.
In your role as a Manager, you will lead, develop & influence a team of Senior Consultants and Consultants in delivering projects across a variety of topics, including such examples as:
· Assessing or developing an organization’s cyber and data risk strategy and posture, as it relates to data assets, technology assets, internal and external data processes and routines, regulatory requirements and customer expectations
· Evaluating compliance with government/industry regulations and standards (e.g., GDPR, CaCPA, NIST, EDM, DAMA)
· Advise client in data architecture, implementation, and governance technologies including databases (Collibra, RDBMS, Hadoop, NoSQL), data governance (metadata management, lineage, reference data, business glossary and taxonomy, stewardship), and data integration (e.g. MDM, ETL, SOA)
· Querying and analyzing small and large data sets to discover patterns and deliver meaningful insights
· Performing assessments of client’s data management and analytics capabilities
· Understand the client’s business and help identify risks to the organization’s critical data assets
· Organize and deliver services on a cross-section of complex projects
· Display leadership and business judgment by anticipating client and project needs and developing alternative solutions
· Provide coaching, oversight, and support for delivery teams and staff
· Support the development of data science and advanced analytics services with our clients
· Apply experience in analytics, data visualization and modeling to find solutions for a variety of business and technical problems
· Explore promising new technology tools and maintain/gain technical edge required for projects
- Bachelor or Master of Science/Business Administration in a STEM area
- 7 -10 years’ Data Management experience along with cyber security, advanced analytics and architecture
- Travel up to 80%
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience managing senior-level client relationships
- Experience presenting and communicating ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Prior consulting experience
- Experience in architecting, implementing, or operating one or more of these technologies: database administration (RDBMS, Hadoop, NoSQL), data governance (metadata management, lineage, reference data, business glossary and taxonomy, stewardship), and data integration (e.g. MDM, ETL, SOA)
- Hands-on experience in analytical and data visualization tools and techniques
- Experience with software development/engineering
- Experience managing staff and budgets for at least 2 years
- Local to one of these metro areas: New York, Charlotte, Houston, Chicago, Minneapolis, or the Bay Area
How you’ll grow
Through your variety of experiences at Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to develop analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential, no matter what career path you eventually choose. You will be continually challenged by your clients, your team members, and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring, counseling, and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities. For new campus hires, we offer extensive onboarding and new hire training to help you hit the ground running. You’ll travel to Deloitte University for national new hire training that includes technical and soft skills training, as well as invaluable networking opportunities. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html